Recruitment Religious Teacher (RRT) Courses 87 & 88 Notification
Applications are invited from eligible male candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officers.
Exam Date – 24 Feb 2019
Last date to register – 03 NOV 2018
GENDER – Male
Religious Teachers preach religious scriptures to troops and conduct various rituals at Regimental/Unit religious institutions. Their duties also include attending funerals, ministering to the sick in hospitals, reading prayers with the convalescents, visiting soldiers undergoing sentence, giving special religious instructions to the children and enlisted boys besides attending generally to the religious institutions and welfare of the Officers, Soldiers and their families.
|Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments||03||Hindu (Gorkha) candidates only|
|Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts||01||Ladakhi Muslim Shia candidates only|
|Bodh Monk (Mahayana) for Ladakh Scouts||01||Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates only|
25 to 34 years that is born between 01 Oct 1985 and 30 Sep 1994.
- Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit OR Shastri in Sanskrit with one-year diploma in “Karam Kand”.
- Granthi: Sikh candidates with “Gyani” in Punjabi.
- Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
- Padre: Christian candidates who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana): Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications of civilian candidates will be accepted ONLY ONLINE at joinindianarmy.nic.in On the hope page, in JCO/ OR enrolment row, click on “Apply/Login”
- Applications of In Service candidates will only be accepted through official channel.
- SCREENING: Candidates found eligible on the basis of their application will be issued Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, Physical Fitness Test followed by Medical Examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone.
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST
- 1.6 km Run
- Candidate up to 30 yrs of Age: should be able to run in 05 Minutes 45 seconds.
- Candidate beyond 30 yrs of Age: should be able to run in 06 Minutes 30 seconds.
- WRITTEN EXAMINATION: Only those candidates who are selected in the screening will be permitted to appear in the written examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone on 24 Feb 2019. The written examination will contain objective type of questions and comprise of two papers as follows:
|PAPER||GENERAL AWARENESS||APPLICATION SPECIFIC|
|Marks per Question||2||2|
|Negative marks for wrong answer||-0.5||-0.5|
Paper-1 is common to candidates of all religious denominations. Paper-I is a qualifying exam only. Candidates scoring min 40% marks in Paper-I will only be assessed in Paper-II.
Marks obtained in Paper-1 will not be counted while preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
Marks obtained in Paper-2 will be counted for preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview.
No bonus marks is entitled to son of Serving/Ex-servicemen/War Widow/Widow and Sportsmen/NCC/Computer certificate holders.
RESULT & TRAINING
The final merit list will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Paper-2 and Interview. Only those candidates who come in the merit will be interviewed by a board of officers at 1 ASC Trg Centre, Bangalore and 39 GTC, Varanasi as applicable.
Candidates finally selected will be enrolled as JCO (RT) and will undergo 06 weeks of Basic training followed by 11 weeks of training specific to religious denominations as applied by the candidates at Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune.
On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as
Religious Teachers in the rank of Naib Subedar as per existing terms and conditions. Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.
For detailed notification please go to
MAJOR KALSHI CLASSES wishes everyone who is applying for this vacancy, ALL THE BEST.
For preparation to join NDA/NA, CDS, AFCAT, CAPF, Military Nursing Service, ACC, TA, Air Force X & Y Groups, Indian Navy AA & SSR, Indian Coast Guard, Army GD/Clerk/Tech/NA/ SSC GD or to join our Spoken [email protected] School or SSB Interview or any other query visit – www.majorkalshiclasses.com Or call 9696220022 or 9696330033
To order our books visit www.mkcpublication.in
To practice online visit for various defence exams, visit www.mkconlinetestseries.inFOLLOW