INDIAN NAVY INVITES UNMARRIED MEN AND WOMEN TO JOIN THE INDIAN NAVY AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICER AS PILOT/OBSERVER/ AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER FOR THE COURSE COMMENCING JAN 2019
Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male & female candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Pilot/ Observer/ ATC entry of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2019 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfil condition of Nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India.
Age & Educational Qualifications.
- Who can Apply-Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course in any discipline from a recognised university / educational institute with at least 60% marks till 5th / 7th semester, in regular / integrated course respectively For ATC entry, additionally the candidate must have 60% aggregate marks in class X and XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class XII.
- Call up for SSB. Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their academic performance.
- Minimum %age on joining INA. The candidates will, however, be required to pass final examination BE/B.Tech / Integrated Course with minimum 60% marks. The candidates failing to meet minimum %age in BE/B.Tech Degree / Integrated Course will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
|1.||ATC||Born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 1998||07||Male or Female|
|2.||Observer||Born between 02 Jan 1995 and 01 Jan 2000||04||Male or Female|
|3.||Pilot (MR)||Born between 02 Jan 1995 and 01 Jan 2000||03 (maximum of 02 vacancies for females subject to they being in merit list of SSB)||Male or Female|
|4.||Pilot (Other than MR)||Born between 02 Jan 1995 and 01 Jan 2000||05||Male|
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Holders having valid and current CPL issued by DGCA (India) and born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 2000 (both dates inclusive) can apply for Pilot entry as per stipulations against Pilot Stream stated at Para 2(d) (iii) & 2(d) (iv) above. Note: – (i) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate. (ii) Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre/ specialisation should mention their preference in the application. (iii) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. (iv) However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate branch/cadre/specialisation subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that branch/cadre/ specialisation. (v) Once shortlisted for a branch/cadre/specialisation, subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Merit List) will be exclusively for that branch/cadre/specialisation.
How to Apply
Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 11 Feb 18 to 04 Mar 18.
- Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from May 18 to Jul 18 at Bangalore for pilot & observer. SSB interviews for ATC will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidate in their application form).
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests; consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will undergo medical examination (approx 3-5 days). Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination. Candidates of Observer entry are also required to undergo Aviation medical examination.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs, cleared PABT (for Pilot Entry) and declared medically fit will be appointed for training based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies available. (e) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances. (g) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained to a candidate during SSB tests. (h) Return First Class (AC III Tier/AC Chair Car) rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this Commission on production of railway ticket. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No & IFSC details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lt. The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in end Dec 2018 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst under training.
- Pilot Entry. Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force/Naval Establishment. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
- Observer Entry. Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval orientation course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala, Kerala. On completion of NOC the candidates will undergo SLT(X) Tech course followed by ab-initio training at Observer School. On successful completion of training at Observer School, the candidates will be awarded Observer wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
- ATC Entry Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at the INA, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at Air Force Academy and at various Naval Training Establishments/Units/Ships.
THE NAVY OFFERS YOU
- Pay Scale &Promotions-The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time & medical conditions.
- Privileges-Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & Dependents, Canteen Facilities, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate. 6. Group Insurance & Gratuity. Insurance cover of Rs. 82 lakhs for Pilot/ Observer and Rs 75 lakhs for ATC (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to an officer as per the latest rules in force.
- Leave Entitlements-On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). Leave during training period will be as per the extant Training policy in force. They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. 8. Sports & Adventure. The Navy provides facilities to play various sports. One can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.