NCC Special Entry Scheme 46th Course (OCT 2019)
NCC Special Entry Scheme – Indian Army has invited applications from UNMARRIED male and female candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel) for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. Last Date to apply for NCC Special Entry Scheme is 7th February 2019.
Eligibility of NCC Special Entry Scheme
Table of Contents
- Nationality: India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet refugee who came to India before 1stJan 1962
- Age Limit: 19 to 25 years as on 1stJuly 2019 (born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1994 and 1st Jan 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification of NCC Special Entry Scheme
|For NCC C Certificate holders||For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel|
|Graduation with 50 % marks. If appearing in Final year, 50 % marks in previous years.||50 % marks in Graduation|
|Should have served for minimum 2 years in the Senior Division Wing of NCC.||NCC C Certificate Not required|
|Should have achieved minimum B Grade in C Certificate Exam of NCC.|
|Battle Casualty Certificate Number|
|Copy of MP Date/Respective Regimental Records part II Order No.|
|Relationship Certificate No.|
Vacancies of NCC Special Entry Scheme
- NCC Men – 50
- NCC Women – 50
The Vacancy is 45 for General Category and 05 for wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only.
Terms and Conditions of NCC Special Entry Scheme
- Tenure of Engagement: 10 Years extendable by 4 years subject to their performance.
- Period of Probation: 6 Months after commissioning
- Ante Date Seniority: No Ante Date Seniority will be granted.
- Termination of commission –
- Medical Unfitness
- Failure to qualify any prescribed test or Course
- If Services not required
- Voluntary resignation with 3 months notice period.
Training of NCC Special Entry Scheme
Duration is 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
Promotion Criteria of NCC Special Entry Scheme
|Captain||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion of 26 years|
On Selection basis subject to fulfilment of requiredservice conditions
|Lt General /HAG Scale|
|HAG + Scale|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)|
Pay scale for NCC Special Entry Scheme
|Rank||Level||Pay in Rupees|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07, 200|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lt General /HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||2,50,000 (fixed)|
There are several other allowances like Military Service Pay, Field Area Allowance, Dearness Allowance, High Altitude Allowance, Transport Allowance, Uniform Allowance, Free ration, Children Education Allowance etc.
How to Apply for NCC Special Entry Scheme
- Applications will be accepted only online on nic.in.
- Click on Officers Entry Apply/Loginand then click onRegistration
- Fill details and after getting registered click onApply Online.
- In Each page that follows, keep filling your information and keep clicking on save and continue
- On the last page which is named Summary of Information, review your information and click on Submit.
- One can open the application as many times as required and edit information.
- 30 Minutes after the closure of Online Application, candidates are required to take 2 copies of the application form.
Documents to be carried in NCC Special Entry Scheme
- One copy of Application form duly signed and self-attested photograph affixed.
- Copy of Class 10thMark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Copy of Graduation Degree and mark sheets of each year.
- Copy of NCC C Certificate (Not required for wards of Battle Casualties)
- If in Final year, Certificate from the Principal stating that the candidate is in the final year.
- The wards of Battle Casualties will also submit the above-mentioned documents.
SSB Centres –
Selection Procedure for NCC Special Entry Scheme
- Army reserves the right to set and change cut off.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified Via Email.
- Candidates can log in and select SSB centre and dates on first come first serve basis.
- SSB interview is a 5-day process conducted in two phases. Only Candidates who clear the first phase will be allowed to appear in the 2nd
- Candidates who clear the 2ndphase will go through a medical examination.
- Candidates who are found fit will be issued a joining letter, based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies.
Physical Standards for NCC Special Entry Scheme
- Height and weight
- Males: 157.5 cms with correlated weight.
- Females: 152 cms and 42 Kgs.
- There is a concession on height to some geographical areas (check official website for the details)
- Permanent body tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the forearms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. BUT, right to decide on acceptability/ unacceptability of the individual shall rest with the Selection Centre.
- Candidates are required to meet the following –
|Running 2.4 Kms in 15 Minutes|
|13 push ups|
|25 sit ups|
|6 chin ups|
|3 to 4 meters rope climbing|
- Bring all the documents in original as well. Original will be returned after verification and copies will be submitted.
- Candidates who don’t bring the originals in SSB, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must apply online only once. Multiple applications by the same candidates will cause all the applications getting rejected.
- Candidates expelled earlier from IMA, OTA, NA, IFA, won’t be entertained at all.
- Candidates must bring their Adhar Card.
- Request to change the SSB date or centre will not be entertained
We hope that this article should’ve provided you with great details about NCC Special Entry Scheme 46th Course (OCT 2019). For any other enquiries, visit
- our official website
- at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
For detailed information of Notifications, Syllabus or Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, visit out Youtube account.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this article on the comment section below.