JAG Entry Scheme 23rd Course
JAG Entry – Short Service Commission Course for Law Graduates. Men and Women can apply from 16th January to 14 February 2019.
- Indian Army has invited applications from Law Graduates for Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch.
- The course will commence in October 2019 at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- This vacancy is for both Male and Female candidates
Age Limit | JAG Entry
21 to 27 years that is born between 2nd July 1992 and 1st July 1998 (Both Dates Inclusive)
Educational Qualification | JAG Entry
Minimum 55 % aggregate marks in LLB degree. It is important to note that the aspirants can be eligible after –
- 3 years degree after graduation, or
- 5 years degree after 10+2
The applicant must be eligible to register with Bar Council of India. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
Marital Status – Unmarried
Vacancies – Men – 07, Women – 07
Training – The training will be held for 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted only online on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Documents to be carried by the candidate | JAG Entry
- One copy of Application form duly signed and self-attested photograph affixed.
- Copy of Class 10th and 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Copy of Graduation Degree/Provisional Degree, if applicable
- Copy LLB Degree/Provisional Degree
- Copy of all years LLB Mark Sheets
- Copy of registration with Bar Council of India or certificate from college that the course from the said institute is recognized by bar council of India.
Selection Procedure | JAG Entry
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified Via Email.
- Candidates can log in and select SSB dates
- Candidates who clear the SSB Interview will go through a medical examination.
Physical Standards | JAG Entry
- Males: 157.5 cms with correlated weight.
- Females: 152 cms and 42 Kgs.
- There is a concession on height to some geographical areas (check official website for the details)
- Permanent body tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos on an inner face of the forearms, the reverse side of palm are allowed. Tribals may have tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes.
- After the Physical and Medical examination, all candidates who are selected shall be undergoing tough military training and will be deployed to perform military duties in any terrain, weather, and austere conditions. ‘
- All candidates are examined by the Board of Medical Officers who have undergone basic military training and are well oriented to working conditions of military employment.
- Candidates are advised in their own target to undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, overweight/underweight, piles, tonsillitis and varicose veins, hernia etc before reporting for SSB interview.
- Allotted Service Selection Board (SSB) Centres will be available on website joinindianarmy.nic.in in approx 2-3 weeks after last date or application.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL JAG ENTRY PDF TO KNOW MORE
IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT MERE QUALIFYING AT THE SSB INTERVIEW DOES NOT CONFIRM FINAL SELECTION, MERIT LIST WILL BE PREPARED ON THE BASIS OF THE MARKS OBTAINED BY THE CANDIDATE AT SSB INTERVIEW.
We hope that this article should’ve provided you with great details about JAG Entry Scheme.
For any other enquiries, visit
- our official website
- at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
For detailed information of Notifications, Syllabus or Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, visit out Youtube account.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this article on the comment section below.FOLLOW