Naval Air Operations Officer ( NAOO) Job Profile In Indian Navy 2023
Indian Navy recently released notification for the recruitment of 227 post in which 20 post for Naval Air Operations Officer ( NAOO). The Naval Air Operations Officer in the Indian Navy is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all air operations conducted by the Navy. They work in close coordination with other branches of the Navy, including the aviation, surface, and submarine branches, to ensure that all air operations are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Naval Air Operations Officer ( NAOO) Job Profile Includes:
- Planning and coordination of air operations: The NAOO is responsible for developing and implementing plans for all air operations, including reconnaissance, surveillance, anti-submarine warfare, and strike operations.
- Coordination with other branches: The NAOO works closely with other branches of the Navy to ensure that all air operations are carried out in conjunction with surface and submarine operations.
- Maintenance of aircraft: The NAOO is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all aircraft used by the Navy, including ensuring that all aircraft are in good condition and ready for deployment at all times.
- Management of personnel: The NAOO manages a team of officers and enlisted personnel responsible for carrying out air operations, including pilots, aircrew, and maintenance personnel.
- Budget and resource management: The NAOO is responsible for managing the budget and resources allocated to air operations, including ensuring that all resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Liaison with other agencies: The NAOO works with other agencies, including the Indian Air Force and civilian aviation authorities, to coordinate air operations and ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with national and international regulations.
The Naval Air Operations Officer (NAOO) plays a crucial role in the Indian Navy’s air operations by overseeing and coordinating all air operations carried out by the Navy. They are responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing air operations in close coordination with other branches of the Navy and other agencies.
Naval Air Operations Officer Salary:-
The salary of a Naval Air Operations Officer (NAOO) in the Indian Navy varies depending on their rank, experience, and qualifications. The following are the approximate salary ranges for NAOO officers in the Indian Navy as per the 7th Pay Commission:
- Sub-Lieutenant: INR 56,100 – INR 1,77,500
- Lieutenant: INR 61,300 – INR 1,93,900
- Lieutenant Commander: INR 69,400 – INR 2,07,200
- Commander: INR 1,21,200 – INR 2,12,400
- Captain: INR 1,30,600 – INR 2,15,900
- Commodore: INR 1,39,600 – INR 2,17,600
Apart from the basic salary, Naval Air Operations Officers are also entitled to various allowances and benefits, including a housing allowance, medical facilities, leave travel allowance, and pension benefits.
As a Naval Air Operations Officer (NAOO) in the Indian Navy, in addition to their basic salary, they are entitled to various emoluments, allowances, and benefits, such as:
- Dearness Allowance (DA): A cost of living allowance that is revised twice a year based on the inflation rate.
- Kit Maintenance Allowance: An allowance granted to officers to maintain their uniforms and other equipment.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): An allowance given to officers who are not provided with government accommodation.
- Transport Allowance: An allowance given to officers for the use of personal transportation.
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC): An allowance given to officers to travel to their hometown or any place in India during their leave.
- Medical facilities: Officers and their families are entitled to medical facilities at the Naval hospitals and clinics.
- Pension benefits: Officers are entitled to pension benefits after their retirement based on their length of service and rank.
These emoluments and allowances are subject to revision from time to time as per government regulations. It is advisable to check with the relevant authorities for the latest information on emoluments for Naval Air Operations Officers in the Indian Navy.