NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY & NAVAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION (II), 2018
Apply online from 6th June to 2nd July 2018
- VACANCIES– The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under :—
- National Defence Academy: 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy : 44
- A candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online Application Form the Services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference [1 to 4]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
- CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY :
(a) Nationality: A candidate must either be: (i) a citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iii) a subject of Nepal,
- Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2003 are eligible.
- Educational Qualifications:
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
NOTE-Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- FEE-Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- SELECTION PROCEDURE-
- Written Examination Conducted by UPSC(to be held on 9th September 2018)
- SSB Interview conducted by Service Selection Board(SSB)/Air Force Selection Board (AFSB)/Naval Selection Board (NSB)
Written Exam pattern
|General Ability Test (GAT)||150||600||2.5 HRS|
General Ability Test
|3.||Chemistry & Biology||25||100|
- Maths- 2.5 Marks for every right answer
- GAT-4 Marks for every right answer
- Maths- -0.83 for every wrong answer
- GAT -1.33 for every wrong answer
- HOW TO APPLY- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled from 6.6.2018 to 2.7.2018 till 6.00 PM.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit Minimum Height-157 cms (162.5 for Air Force)
Click here for detailed notification- Click here
Click here to apply online–Click Here Apply Online