The Indian Military Academy, IMA Dehradun is the most premier training Academy of Indian Army which was established in the year 1932. Basically, IMA is meant for training male candidates for a permanent commission (PC). This academy is located in the foothills of the Himalayas which is around 8 km west of Dehradun in the Indian state of UK. In order to join Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, candidates have to clear several stages. There are 5 ways to join Indian Military Academy. Candidates have to qualify written exam, SSB interview, and Medical Examination in order to become the part of Indian Military Academy.
#5 Ways to Join Indian Military Academy
Table of Contents
- National Defence Academy (NDA)
- Combined Defence Academy (CDS)
- Technical Graduate Course (TGC)
- University Entry Scheme (UES)
- Army Educational Corps (AEC)
NDA (National Defence Academy) Entry To Join Indian Military Academy
National Defence Academy examination is organized by UPCS twice a year. Only male candidates who have passed or appearing in class 12th can make their career in the Indian Armed Forces. After qualifying this exam, candidates will undergo 3 years of educational training at NDA Khadakwasla and 1 year military training at IMA.
Age criterion – 16 ½ – 19 ½ years
NDA-I 2018 – Candidates born between 02nd July 1999 to 01st July 2002 (Both Dates Inclusive).
NDA-II 2018 – Candidates born between 02nd January 2000 and 01st January 2003 (Both Dates Inclusive).
Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed or must be appearing in 12th standard or equivalent.
Important Dates –
- NDA-I 2018 – Date of notification– 15th January 2018 to 05th February2018
- Exam Date – 22nd April, 2018
- NDA-II 2018 – Date of notification – 06th June 2018 to 02nd July 2018
- Exam Date – 9th September 2018
CDS (Combined Defence Service) Entry To Join Indian Military Academy
Combined Defence Examination is organized by UPCS twice a year. Both male and female candidates who have passed their graduation or appearing can make their career in armed forces. But, only male candidate can join IMA, when they choose Army as preference. While female candidates get training at OTA Chennai.
Age – for IMA – 19 – 24 years (Male)
CDS-I 2018 – For IMA, Candidates born between 2nd January 1995 and 1st January 2000 (Both Dates Inclusive) are eligible.
CDS-II 2018 – For IMA, Candidates born between 2nd June 1995 and 1st June 2000 (Both Dates Inclusive) are eligible.
Educational Qualification – Candidates must have a graduation degree or equivalent. (For both IMA and OTA)
- CDS-I 2018 – Date of notification – 08th November 2017 to 04th December, 2017
- Exam Date – 4th February 2018
- CDS-II 2018 – Date of notification– 08th August 2018 to 03rd November, 2018
- Exam Date – 18th November 2018
TGC Technical Graduate Course (Direct Entry) To Join Indian Military Academy
Those who are studying in final year/ have completed BE/B. Tech in the stream like mechanical, electrical, civil, electronics and Computer science can also join IMA through Technical Graduate Course. The duration of training is of 1 year.
Age – 20 -27 years
TGC 127 – Candidates born between 02nd July 1991 and 01st July 1998 (Both Dates Inclusive) are eligible.
TGC 128 – Candidates born between 02nd January 1992 and 01st January 1999 (Both Dates Inclusive) are eligible.
Educational Qualification – Candidates having an engineering degree in notifying discipline are eligible for the entry.
- TGC 127 – Notification may release in October 2017 – November 2017
- TGC 128 – Notification may release in May 2018 – June 2018
UES University Entry Scheme To Join Indian Military Academy
This entry is for those who are willing to apply for Army in Pre-Final Year of Engineering. Look out for the advertisement published in leading newspapers/employment news in the month of May/ June every year. And keep checking www.joinindianarmy.co.in
AEC Army education Corp (Direct Entry) To Join Indian Military Academy
You can join this branch of the army after Post Graduation. Notification for this entry comes twice a year in May/Jun and Nov/Dec. The qualification is MA / MSC in 1st or 2nd division in notified subjects from a recognized university.
Age – 23 – 27 years
AEC 127 – Candidates born between 2nd July 1991 to 1st July 1995 (Both Dates Inclusive) are eligible.
AEC 128 – Candidates born between 2nd January 1992 and 1st January 1996 (Both Dates Inclusive) are eligible.
Educational Qualification – Candidates who have passed M.A and M.Sc. in notified disciplines are eligible for the entry.
- AEC 127 – Notification will be released by November – December 2017
- AEC 128 – Notification will be released by May – June 2018
Final list will be prepared after SSB Interview and medical examination. SSB interview is organized by Service Selection Board. It is a 5 days procedure for which candidates have to assess various three platforms, including
- Karmana – It means physical stamina and courage.
- Mansa – It means psychological testing.
- Vachaa – It means social interaction and communication skills.
Those who qualify SSB will further go for a physical medical checkup:
- Candidate must be free from any disease and disability.
- Candidates should not have any disease of joints and bones.
- Urine and blood examination is done to check infection free body.
- Eyesight is properly tested as per the standards.
- Height and weight ratio should be optimal.
To know more about how to join Indian Military Academy, kindly visit www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-9696330033.
Candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.