What is INET? – Eligibility Criteria and Joining Process in Detailed
Every year many candidates submit the application form to get appointed to the post of officer in the Indian Navy. To become an officer in the Indian Navy, candidates have to prepare for the Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) exam. In today’s article, we will give you detailed information about this application form of the Indian Navy. Before this, you should be told what the examination about which you are seeking information is-
What is INET?
Table of Contents
INET is an examination conducted for executive, education, and technical posts to the post of officer in the Indian Navy. This exam is conducted every year by the Indian Navy. The candidates who are selected through this examination are appointed to the posts of lieutenant or commander in the Indian Navy.INET exam comes under Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission. After filling out the application form for this examination, the candidates must be Indian citizens. If you want to fill out the application form through the SSC entry of INET then you do not have to appear in the written test. To get all types of information related to INET, you complete the article given below.
Short information about INET
|Exam Name||Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET)|
|Organized by||Indian Navy Recruitment Department|
|Frequency||2 times per year|
|Type of service||Short service commission (SSC) | Permanent Commission|
|Eligible Gender||Male and females both|
|Application fees||250/- for General and OBC and Nil for SC/ST|
|Age limit||19 to 24 years|
|Education eligibility||B.Tech degree with 60% marks in the related stream or Master Degree for Education Branch|
|Name of Branch||1. Executive branch |
2. Technical Branch
3. Education Branch
|Selection Process||Written Exam |
INET Selection Process:
The selection process will be the same as it was the previous year. INET would be similar to all other ways of joining the defence as an officer like NDA, CDSE, etc. there is also mainly three phases of the exam:
|INET Entry||INET SSC Entry|
|Fill Application form Written Exam SSB Interview Medical Test||Fill Application form Merit list SSB Interview Medical Test|
- Fill Application form
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Test
Candidates will have to clear these three phases of the exam to become Officers in the Indian navy. These exams are tough at their level. Now let’s see the eligibility criteria that are required to apply for the vacancy.
Fill INET Application form
To appear in INET, candidates have to first fill out the application form. All the procedures and documents related to the application form are provided below.
INET Entry Eligibility Criteria:
Through INET you can join the three branches of the Indian Navy and each branch has different eligibility criteria, educational qualifications and age limit, etc. we will discuss each branch in detail:-
- Executive branch
- Technical branch
- Educational branch
1. Executive Branch:
In this branch, you can join the service as an SSC observer, SSC Air Traffic Controller, SSC Pilot, SSC naval armament Inspectorate cadre and SCC logistic, etc. and here SCC stands for Short Service Commission.
- Candidate must have 60% marks in 10+2 with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidate must have B.E/B.Tech degree in any stream with minimum 60% marks.
- And for the SCC logisticcandidate must have a degree or diploma in finance, supply chain management, or material management.
2. Technical Branch:-
Technical Branch is the backbone of any force. In the SCC Technical Branch, you can serve as a Mechanical engineer or Electrical engineer.
- You must have a B.E or B. Tech degree in Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering in any stream.
3. Educational branch:
This branch is for the Teacher or Instructor in the Indian Navy.
- First-class in master’s degree (Math/operational research with physics)
- First-class in a master’s degree (physics and nuclear research)
- First-class in a master’s degree (metrology/oceanology)
- B.E or B.Tech degree in computer science or computer engineering with a minimum of 60% marks
There are some other ways also to join the navy if you have some external certificates like CPL which is a Commercial Pilot license and COC Certificate of competency (merchant navy) etc. If you have CPL you can apply for the SCC pilot or if you have worked in the merchant navy as an officer and you have COC, you can apply in the general service or engineering department as per your qualification.
Age Limit for INET Entry:
- Candidate age must be between 19 to 24 years old as per their class 10th
- Age Limit will be the same for all the candidates. No relaxation will be given to any candidate regarding age.
How to Apply for INET application form:
- You can apply for this exam Online only. for that, you have to go to the official website of the Indian Navy www.joinindiannavy.nic.in
- Register yourself as a new user/candidate after this login to your account and follow the procedure as said in the instruction.
- You must have a properly working email and mobile no. for filling the application form and if you have any problem regarding the e-form can contact the toll-free no. 1800-419-2929 or you can also click on “option 7” to talk with the customer care representative.
Documents required for applying for INET Entry: –
Application form fees –
- For the General and OBC 250/-
- For SC-ST- Nil.
While applying online you must have a scanned copy of your documents like:-
- High school Mark sheet
- Intermediate Mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
- Caste Certificate (if from OBC or SC-ST)
- Your signature
- Right thumb Impression
These are the INET Joining Process Detailed; you must have all the documents while applying online. If you apply from your computer/Laptop then save these documents in your laptop/computer for the future and if you apply from the cyber cafe, carry your documents in a Pen drive or carry original documents.
After submitting the application form candidates have to prepare for the written examination. Below we are providing you with the INET Written Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- Selection in the examination will be after the written test SSB interview and medical examination.
- The question paper in the INET exam will be divided into four parts.
- The question paper will contain only 100 questions.
- Only students who have passed the written examination will be selected for an SSB interview.
- The questions in the written examination will be of multiple choice types.
- 4 marks are prescribed for each question and one part will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- It is mandatory to bring a minimum of 40% marks in all the sections asked in this exam.
- The exam will consist of questions related to English, Reasoning and Numerical Ability, General Science and Mathematics Aptitude, and General Knowledge.
- 25- 25 questions will be asked from all the parts in the question paper.
- Candidates who have passed the written examination will be notified of an SSB interview by SMS or email.
|English||GK||Mathematics||Reasoning and Numerical Ability||General Science|
|· Antonyms and synonyms · Comprehension · Direct and indirect speech · Grammar · Idioms and phrases · Part of speech · Punctuations · Sentence completion and corrections · Uses of words · Vocabulary||· Abbreviations · Arts of India · Book and authors · Civics · Constitution of India · Countries -language, capitals, currency · Culture, dance, and religion · Current affair · Defence and vas · Freedom movements · Geographical neighbours · Geography of the world and India · Heritage · History of India · Important National facts · National bird/animals/sports/ flag / Emblem/moments / Flower /anthems · Politics and economics||· Algebra · Arithmetic ability · Basic trigonometry · Computer science · Geometry · Number system · Set theory and probability · Statics||· Average and volume · Cash price · Coding decoding · Decimal fraction · Expenditures problems · Factors (LCM and HCF) · Mensuration formulas · Missing number/series completion · Percentage · Percentage · Profit and loss · Ratio and proportion · Reasoning and the associated ability · Sequences · Simple interest and compound interest · Speed and distance · Time and work · Unscrambling and numerical||· Acid and base/ salt, · Carbon and it’s compound · Current, light, · Electricity and its application · Food nutrients and nutrition · Force and gravitation · Health physiology · Human diseases and basic science · Magnetism, energy, and power · Measurement. · Metal and nonmetal · Nature of matter · Nature of matter. · Temperature · The law of motion · The periodic table, · Wave motion and sound · Work|
After a written examination in the Indian Navy, candidates are invited for an SSB interview. This SSB interview is conducted like all other interviews. In this interview to be held within 5 to 6 days, every day candidates have to complete physical and mental type of tasks. To complete the preparation related to the SSB interview, you have to read the books on SSB. If you want to get the best coaching institute and the best books to prepare for the SSB interview then earn your success by joining Major Kalshi Classes Coaching Institute today.
Physical Fitness for Navy INET:
The Physical Standard of INET Entry is not as tough as it is for the other entries; there are only checkups that would be done, which is required to join. Here is a list of those tests and required criteria:
- The Minimum height Required is 162 cm
- The minimum weight required is 60 kg.
- The chest must be 80 cms without expansion and it should be at least 85 with expansion.
- 14 dental Points are essentially required.
- Your body should not carry any genetic disease like joint knees, colour blindness, or night blindness.
- Your elbow should not be turned in the outer direction for more than 15 degrees.
- Your joint and your bones should be completely fine.
- Any severe body fracture in any body part can cause permanent rejection.
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be worse than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for colour perception I
- Should not have colour blindness or night blindness.
Enrol yourself in the MKC Health Care Center run by MKC for detailed information about INET’s medical test and medical test checkup. In this health care centre, you are provided with all types of medical check-ups related to the armed forces.
Frequently Asked Question:-
Yes, this exam is conducted for officer posts in the Indian Navy.
To become a sailor in the Indian Navy, you have to fill out the application form for Senior Secondary Recruit and Artificer Apprentice
The procedure for all the SSB interviews conducted in the Indian Armed Forces is the same.