The online application process for Indian Navy 2019 recruitment for Sailors – AA and SSR has been closed on 10th July. This year, the Indian Navy has announced a total number of 2700 vacancies in which 2200 vacancies are for Indian Navy SSR and 500 for Indian Navy AA. If you have applied for Indian Navy AA and SSR posts, you must be interested in collecting details about Indian Navy Selection Procedure for AA and SSR posts. Here, we bring complete details about Indian Navy AA and Indian Navy SSR selection procedure.
Indian Navy Selection Procedure for AA and SSR Posts
Artificer Apprentice: The selection of this post is based on all India order of merit on their performance in Computer based Examination along with Physical Fitness Test and fitness in Medication Exam.
Senior Secondary Recruits: The selection of this post is based on State wise merit of performance in Computer based Examination along with Physical Fitness Test and fitness in Medical Exam.
Computer Based Examination – Indian Navy Selection Procedure
- There is a common examination for both AA and SSR entries.
- The question paper will be computer based and includes 100 questions in which each question carries 1 mark. For every wrong answer, there is a penalty of 0.25 marks which will be deducted.
- The question paper for AA and SSR entries comes in both Hindi and English language. It contains objective type (multiple-choice) questions.
- The question paper includes several subjects, including English, Science, Mathematics, ad General Knowledge.
- The question paper covers syllabus of 10+2 as well as sample papers that are available on the official website of Indian Navy – joinindiannavy.gov.in .
- The duration of the Indian Navy AA and SSR exam is 1 hour.
- Candidates have to pass in all sections.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT) – Indian Navy Selection Procedure
- Qualifying in this round is mandatory.
- This round includes 1.6 KM run which should be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups and 10 push-ups.
Medical Standards – Indian Navy Selection Procedure
This exam will be conducted by authorised military doctors depending upon the medical standard prescribed in recent regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
Minimum height should be 157 cms. Weight and chest should be proportionate. Minimum expansion of chest should be 5 cms.
Candidates must have good physical and mental health. They should be free from any defect.
Preliminary Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical exam”. Final medical exam for enrollment of all selected candidates will be held at INS Chilka. Medically fit candidates will be enrolled. On the other hand, unfit candidates will be advised to appeal against its findings at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days if they want.
Vision Standards – Indian Navy Selection Procedure
- Better eye should be 6/6 and worse eye should be 6/9 without glasses.
- Better eye and worse eye both should be 6/6 with glasses.
Permanent tattoos will be allowed only on inner face of forearms, that is, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reserved side of palm/back side of hand.
Hope, the above blog provides the complete details about Indian Navy Selection Procedure. If you have applied for the Indian Navy AA and SSR entries exam which is going to be held in the month of September 2019, you should prepare well in all the above-given subjects and other stages to be a part of Indian Navy. Good Luck!
If you are a candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips, and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.