Indian Navy Recruitment 2021 for Scientific Assistant:-Friends, in today’s article, we will talk about the Scientific Assistant Post in the Indian Navy. The post is held by the Navy, to join the Indian Navy from a technical post. Many vacancies are not available for this post. The application for the post of Scientific Assistant by the Indian Navy has been released on the official website of the Indian Navy from 18 December 2020. The candidates whose educational qualification is Graduation and Post Graduation. Candidates can fill this application form before the last date. The Indian Navy has invited unmarried and eligible women and male candidates for the post of Scientific Assistant under the Short Service Commission.
For this post, the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala has issued applications for the course starting in June 2021 under technical post at Kerala. The eligible candidates can fill this application form from 26 December to 15 January 2021 by visiting the official website of the Indian Navy. Below we are sharing other information related to this exam with you.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2021 for Scientific Assistant
The following information for the post of Scientific Assistant of the Indian Naval Recruitment 2021 is presented in the table below.
|Name of post||Scientific assistant|
|The commission||Short service commission|
|Date of issue of notification||18 December 2020|
|Starting date for filling the application form||26 December 2020|
|Selection type||Direct recruitment|
|Salary||Rs. 35400 to Rs. 112400 per month|
|Total number of vacancies||14|
Scientific Assistant posts
For Scientific Assistant Post, the candidates must have the appropriate criteria sought by the Indian Navy. Below we are discussing about the eligibility required for the post of Scientific Assistant.
- Candidates are required to have a BSc degree in Physics / Chemistry / Electronics / Oceanography.
- In addition to the degree, the candidate is required to have 2 years of analysis and testing technical experience in the subject of metals, alloys, rubber metals etc.
- Apart from this, candidates who have experience in the subject of machinery, vibration today can also fill this application form.
- Candidates with experience in chemical analysis of oils, lubricants, electrolytes and water etc. are eligible for this application.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 30 years.
- Apart from this, the age categories will be given as per the following table.
|Other backward classes||3 years|
|scheduled caste||5 year|
|scheduled tribe||5 year|
|PWD||10 years (SC / ST – 15, OBC – 13)|
|For departmental candidate (who has worked in Central Government Department for 3 years)||5 years (SC / ST – 10, OBC – 8)|
There are a total of 14 posts in the Indian Navy for the post of Scientific Assistant 2021. With the help of the table below, you are giving information to all these posts by category.
|Category||Number of posts|
|Other backward classes||03|
The selection process of the candidates for the post of Scientific Assistant will be as follows.
- Application shortlisting
- Written exam
- Verification of documents
Shortlisting of applications submitted for this post by the candidates will be done by the Commission. After which the shortlisted candidates will be invited for the written examination. In the short listing process, about 25 applications for a vacant post will be shortlisted by the Commission. That is, the ratio of short listing of the application form will be 1:25.
For the shortlisting of the application form, the candidates have to submit the application form offline. To submit the application form, candidates have to send the application form by registered or speed post to the following address.
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT AND CATEGORY (UR/SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD)
The flag officer commanding in chief,
headquarter Western naval command (for SO ‘ CP’),
BALLARD ESTATE, near tiger gate,
For more information, click on the link for the notification given below.
Apply Now- Click Here
All shortlisted candidates will be notified via email ID or mobile message. After which candidates can download their respective admit cards by visiting the official website of the Navy. General English, Numerical Aptitude, General Intelligence, General awareness questions related to Awareness and Reasoning, Science and Technology and Trade will be asked in the the written examination of scientific assistant. The pattern of written examination is given in the following table.
|General Intelligence / Awareness and Reasoning||10|
|Science and technology||20|
|Work related awareness||50|
Written exam syllabus
- General English (10 marks): – questions based on the passage, change to passive and active voice, tense, uses of an adjective, uses of verb, pronoun, and preposition, punctuation, one-word substitution, correction of sentence, substituting phrasal words for expression.
- Numerical Aptitude (10 Marks): – General Mathematics, Quadratic Equations, Use of Log Table, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Parabola, Hyperbola, Area of Uncertainty, Pyramid, Con, To find the area and volume of cylinders etc., vector and scalar zodiac, algebraic questions of vector zodiac, all types of vector, mean, median, mode etc.
- General Awareness (10 marks): – Current affairs, sports, history, literature, geography, economics, politics, questions related to military force, countries and their currencies, national heritage etc.
- Science and Technology (20 marks): – Newton’s law of motion, Archimedes principle, weight, mass, density, gravity, force, work, energy, frictional force, strength, reflection and refraction, sound wave, current, voltage, etc.
- Organic and inorganic chemicals, fire prevention and use of fire extinguishers, use of scientific equipment, balancing chemical equations, general knowledge of computers etc.
- Awareness related to the work area (50 marks): – Questions of 50 marks will be asked related to the experience given above and the subject from which you have graduated before.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Verification of documents
After the written examination, the candidates will have to send their required documents within the specified time limit to the address given above to verify their documents.
Scientific Assistant posts Work profile
Candidates working in the post of Scientific Assistant are required to do the following at the selected places as their work profile.
- Analyzing and treating chemical elements present in water.
- Identifying the quality of oil and lubricants (used for water vessels).
- Chemicals of chemical compounds taken for testing
- Treatment of chemical elements and compounds present in the lab using scientific instruments.
- Prepare an analysis report to your Senior Scientific Assistant.
Scientific Assistant posts Salary
According to the Sixth Pay Commission, a candidate who works in the post of a Scientific Assistant for the above given work is paid from ₹ 35400 to ₹ 112400 per month. Apart from this, other allowances are also given to the candidates.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- How many vacancies are there in the post of Scientific Assistant?
- Answer: – A total of 14 vacancies are available for the post of Scientific Assistant.
- How to apply for the post of Scientific Assistant of the Indian Navy?
Answer:- For the application for a scientific post, the candidate will have to send his documents to the address given above.
- How much salary is given to a scientific assistant?
Answer:- Candidates working in the post of Scientific Assistant are paid from ₹ 35400 to ₹ 112400 per month as per Sixth Pay Commission.
- What is the syllabus for the written examination for the post of Scientific Assistant?
Answer:- As a written examination, candidates should be asked general awareness questions related to General English, Numerical Aptitude, General Intelligence, General Awareness and Reasoning, Science and Technology and Trade.
- What is the job of a Scientific Assistant position?
Answer:- The work related to the chemical and technical phase of the Indian Navy is done by an assistant post.