Hello Defence aspirants, today Major Klashi Classes is going to share Indian Navy MR Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Work Profile Etc. Indian Navy Matric Recruit examination for those who have completed Matric (10th) examination and wanted to join the Indian Navy as a Chef, Steward and Hygienist. So this is a great opportunity for the young. In this article, we will brief you about Navy MR Eligibility Criteria, Navy MR Age Limit, Navy MR Selection Process, and Navy MR Work Profile.
Indian Navy MR Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Work Profile Etc.
Navy recruit for MR twice in a year, so if you want to join Indian Navy MR then you will find two opportunities to clear the examination in a year. Eligible candidates may apply through the official website of navy and we are giving the link below. Now let’s discuss everything about Navy Matric Recruit Examination.
Indian Navy MR Eligibility Criteria:-
Navy MR Educational Eligibility:-
MR Entry (Chef, Steward and Sanitary Hygienist) – Class X Pass from an educational board recognized by Central/State Government.
Navy MR Age Limit:-
The age for Steward, Chef and Sanitary Hygienist candidates should be between 17-20 years on the day of enrolment.
Indian Navy MR Selection Process:-
Selection of recruits is based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations-
- Computer-based Examination
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Medical Examinations
Navy MR Computer-based Examination:-
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- Duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
- The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus
- Candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right
Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Medical Standards for Navy MR:-
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect
Visual Standards (Distant Vision only):-
Indian Navy MR Work Profile:-
Chef:- They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
Steward:- They would be required to serve food in the officers‟ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
Hygienist:- They will be required to clean washroom, shower spaces and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
Work Environment for MR:-
Work Environment of these branch beside their professional work, they have been trained for an onboard ship about lookout duties as well as Small Arms handling and trained for ship’s landing and boarding parties also. They are involved in all the activities which are conducted by a ship.
Navy MR Salary and Promotions:-
Pay & Allowances:– During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Promotions:- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
You can Avail our Service:-
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
This is all about Indian Navy MR Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Work Profile Etc. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear Defence examination can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. If you want to prepare for the SSB. Join Major Kalshi Classes One of the finest academies to prepare for the SSB interview. For more inquiry, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. All the Best!FOLLOW