Indian Navy Matric recruit (Musician) Entry 2/2018 Batch
Indian Navy provides various opportunities to people from diversified educational background and skills. This entry is special for those who are matric passed as well as skilled in musical instruments. Let’s go through the detailed information about this entry.
Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates who fulfill the conditions regarding the nationality as laid down by the Government of India. A widower or a person who has divorced his wife shall not be treated as an unmarried male for the purpose of this regulation.
Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India
Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 1993 to 30 Sep 2001 (Both dates inclusive). No age relaxation is permissible
Selection on Merit basis only. Should have proficiency in Aural Aptitude for music with accuracy in Tempo, Pitch and singing one complete song. Should also have actual practical skill on any instrument of Indian or foreign origin with proficiency in tuning of instrument, matching unknown notes with instrument, prepared piece, sight reading of Indian Classical/ Tabulature/ Staff Notation, performance of Scale/ Raaga/ Taala and basic theory of Indian or International music.
Type of Instruments on which Proficiency Required-
The candidates would be required to perform with expertise on one or more instruments such as Wind Instrument, Keyboard, Guitar, Tabla, Mridangam, Pakhwaj, Dholak or any other instrument of Indian or Foreign origin. Candidates performing on Indefinite Pitch Instruments such as Jazz Drums set, Brass Drum, Snare Drums, Side Drums, Cymbals, Non Chromatic instruments such as Bugle & monotone instruments used to produce drone such as Ektara will not be eligible for recruitment.
Musical Experience Certificate-
Candidates performing Hindustani or Carnatic Classical music on Wind Instruments will require a musical experience certificate from any musical Institute or organization of repute. A certificate of minimum Initial Grade from International Boards such as Trinity College of Music, London or Royal School of Music, London will be mandatory for candidates performing western notation or western music on Wind Instruments.
PAY AND PERQUISITES
Pay & Allowances-
During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1, 51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time. 10. Insurance Cover.
(C)Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs 37.50 lakhs for all sailors is applicable.
- Preliminary Screening Board will be conducted in two phases. In the first phase, verification of age, education qualification, music certificates and musical ability of the candidate will be assessed.
- The candidates who are suitable to undertake final test will be subjected to the second phase of PSB. In the second phase, physical fitness test and initial recruitment medical examination will be conducted.
- The Preliminary Screening Board is tentatively to be held from 09 to 13 July 2018
- Those who qualify the Preliminary Screening Board will be required to undergo a Final Screening Board. All qualified candidates will be called to INS Kunjali, Colaba, Mumbai for final screening test, final medical examination and selection on All India Basis tentatively scheduled from 20 to 24 August 2018.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
(a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
(b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
TRAINING AND INITIAL ENGAGEMENT
- The training for the course will commence in October 2018, with 15 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka in Odisha. Thereafter the trainees are sent to Mumbai for 26 weeks specialised training.
- The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- The ‘Online’ applications along with the required certificates will be sorted out State-wise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in class 10th.
- Call up Letters cum Admit Card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for Preliminary Screening Test, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Call up Letters cum Admit Card will be uploaded on website tentatively by End Jun 2018. No Call up Letter cum Admit Card will be sent by post.
- All original certificates, mark sheets and Domicile certificate are to be produced at the time of Preliminary Screening Test. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Preliminary selection, PFT and Initial Recruitment Medical Examination, may take 2-3 days.
- A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in Final Screening Board in all respects depending upon vacancies. The Merit list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in tentatively by mid Sep 2018. All candidates, whose names appear in the Merit list would be required to download Call up Letter and other associated Forms.
- All select list candidates will have to undergo a Final Enrolment Medical Examination at INS Kunjali. Candidates declared Temporary/ Permanent unfit candidates at Final Medical Examination will be given an option for Appeal Medical Examination at INHS Asvini only within a maximum period of 21 days. This Appeal Medical Examination shall be treated as final.
HOW TO APPLY
- For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 14 May 18 to 27 May 18.
- Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10th Mark sheet ready for reference. Update your Aadhaar details if you wish to use the simplified application process.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your E-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers as the Navy may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at any stages.
- ‘Log–in’ with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
- Examination Centres. Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Kochi and Visakhapatnam. Note. Candidates are to choose only one centre for recruitment in accordance with the address given in the application, e.g. a candidate who is a resident of Maharashtra can only choose Mumbai as centre. (g) Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND