Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Yantrik-2/2018 Exam Selection Procedure
Indian coast Guard is yet another reputed organization in the Indian Defence System which provides opportunity for young men who possess technical knowledge in engineering field to serve Indian Coast Guard as Yantrik which is technical branch of the Indian Coast Guard. After successful qualification of all the examination process and subject to completion of training successfully, candidates are deployed in Technical branches of Indian Coast Guard. The examination pattern or selection procedure of Indian Coast Guard is identical to Navy Senior Secondary Recruits and Artificer Apprentice’s selection procedure. The most attracting thing about the selection procedure is its quickness as it completes all the selection procedure within 3 months and dispatches candidates for training within 5 months of Notification.
There are some instructions which are very important for all the candidatesBefore appearing in Exam candidates need to keep below thingsin mind-
- Call up letters cum e-admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for the recruitment tests, which are scheduled during March 2018 would be required to be downloaded from internet site joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- The call up letters cum e-admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by end January 2018. No separate call up letters cum e-admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received.
Table of Contents
The Pattern of the written examination will be following-
|1.||Branch specific questions (Mechanical /Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication)|
- The written tests will be objective type.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
|1.6 KM run||To be completed in 7 Minutes|
|squat ups (UthakBaithak)||20|
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests.
- All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig i.e. Sport Shoe, T-shirt and Trouser etc.
- Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory.
- Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- The candidates physically challenged are not eligible to apply for this post. Candidates those who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Height-Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest-Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight-Proportionate to height and age +10% acceptable.
- Hearing-Normal (f) No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Visual Standards-6/24 without glasses and 6/9 & 6/12 with glasses for Better Eye and Worse Eye respectively.
- Tattoo-Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- Final Enrolment Medical Examination-Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination.” Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. No Äppeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka. Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
- Note: Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to appear for test.
All India Select List (AISL)
The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The All India select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of June 2018.
How to prepare for Coast Guard Yantrik-2/2018
The preparation for Yantrik Examination requires hard work and right approach with right guidance followed by the regular efforts. Before starting a candidate must have good idea about the syllabus and examination pattern based on which strategy could be made. At Major kalshi classes it is ensured that a candidate must develop himself as per the standards of selection procedure. If you want to crack this examination in your first attempt kindly visit www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-1800-313-2004.