Hello Aspirants, as you know after clearing X and Y Group Phase-I Examination you have to go for Airmen Phase-II examination, and Here we will tell you about IAF X and Y Group Phase-II Selection Process and Documents Required, You will be Understand Airmen Phase-II Selection Process in Detail, X Group Phase-II Examination is conducted for the students who want to join Indian Air Force as and Airmen in Technical Branch and if you want to join Non-Technical branch then you have to go for Y Group Phase-II Exam at one of the selected AFSB. There will be Documentation, Physical Fitness Test, Adaptability Test-I and Adaptability Test-II.
IAF X and Y Group Phase-II Selection Process and Documents Required:-
There are 4 Steps for IAF X and Y Group Phase-II examination at AFSB Station-
- Physical Fitness Test
- Adaptability Test-I
- Adaptability Test-II
After these four steps, your merit list will be prepared based on these examinations including Phase-I examination also, Let’s have Discuss all the steps in detail-
- The candidates are to bring following documents while reporting for Phase-II of Selection Test at the allotted Airmen Selection Centre.
- Colour Print out of duly filled application form downloaded on completion of online registration.
- HB Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, Glue stick, Stapler and Black/Blue Ball Point Pen for writing.
- Ten copies of un-attested recent (which was used for the online application registration) passport size colour photograph.
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of Matriculation Passing Certificate (required for verification of Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name and his Date of Birth).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of Matriculation Marks Sheet (only applicable for three years Diploma Course holders when English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of Intermediate/10+2/ Equivalent Examination Passing Certificate and Marks Sheet
- Certificate for SOAFP (Son of Air Force Personnel), certificate for sons of serving/retired/deceased Air Force civilian employees paid out of defence estimates are to be downloaded as the case may be, from the download section of CASB web portal and brought along while reporting for phase –II of the Selection Test. Wards of retired Air force personal to produce original discharge book of their parents.
- Original phase-I Admit card used during the phase-I online test, bearing Air force seal and invigilator’s signature.
- For Candidates discharged from Indian Army/Indian Navy/Any other Government Organisation. Original and four self-attested photocopies of Discharge Certificate (as issued from Indian Army/Indian Navy/Government Organisation).
- NOC in original and 4 self-attested photocopies from the employer for candidates presently serving in any government organization (if applicable).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate (if applicable).
Step-II- Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
The Indian Air Force demands physical fitness and hence it is mandatory to pass the PFT. Following are the fitness test that shall be conducted:
1.6 km run in 6 min 30 sec
Step-III Adaptability Test-I:-
Candidate Who clears the Physical Fitness has to go through the Adaptability Test-I, where the first test is SRT (Situation Reaction Test). Here the decision making, response/reaction of a candidate is assessed. This test assesses the attitude of a candidate in response to the qualities set by the defence forces for selecting a candidate of the right frame of mind. This test is qualifying in nature. Result of this test is announced within a couple of hours and all qualified candidates are retained for Adaptability Test-I. Those who fail to pass this test are sent back.
- 45 multiple choice situations are given.
- Candidates are given 30 minutes to attempt this.
- Situations are bilingual.
- It is mandatory to answer all the SRTs.
Some Example of SRT Test Like:-
Question-1:- He belonged to a poor family. His father was unable to bear the college expenses. He………………..
- Left the study.
- Requested his father to give the money.
- Did a part-time job to continue his study.
- Convinced his father and took money
Here the right answer is c which is denoted reasonable and responsible attitude of a candidate.
Step-IV Adaptability Test-II:-
After Clearing the Adaptability Test I, You have to go Adaptability Test-II, it is also called GD (Group Discussion) Test, Where 10-15 candidates will be called together and the will be assigned one topic for discussion and everyone has to put their thought on that topic. You can use Hindi as well as the English Language but English will be more effective if you use it.
Here we are providing you with some current topic for the GD Test, Click on the below link.
The candidates after clearing Adaptability Test 2 then appear for medical examination where they are checked and cleared medically
Those who qualify all the test including medical test will be issued joining letter jor joining Indian Airforce as and Airmen, and your Joint Basic Training is carried out at Belgavi, Karnataka.
You can Avail our Service:-
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
This is all about IAF X and Y Group Phase-II Selection Process and Documents Required. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiry, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. All the Best!