Daily Current Affairs For All Defence Exams | 13 October 2021 | MKC
Union Cabinet approves affiliation of 100 Schools in Government and private sector with Sainik School Society
Marching ahead in tune with National Education Policy (NEP), the Government of India has decided to provide increasing focus on value based education enabling children to develop pride in rich culture and heritage of this nation, effective leadership with character, discipline, sense of national duty and patriotism. In a paradigm shift to the existing pattern of Sainik Schools, the Union Cabinet chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in its meeting held today has approved the proposal for launching of affiliated Sainik Schools under Sainik Schools Society, Ministry of Defence.
- Provide cost-effective ways in reaching out to larger populations across all regions in the country.
- Meeting growing demand for Sainik Schools and providing effective physical, psycho-social, spiritual, intellectual, emotional and cognitive development.
- Savings in training duration, deployment of trainers, maintenance and operations budgets, while substantially improving the quality to youth entering the various walks of life.
Government accords “Maharatna” status to PFC
Govt. of India accorded ‘Maharatna’ status to the state-owned Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC), thus giving PFC greater operational and financial autonomy. An order to this effect was issued today by the Department of Public Enterprises, under the Ministry of Finance. Incorporated in 1986, PFC is the largest Infrastructure Finance Company today, exclusively dedicated to Power Sector under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power.
World’s First Self-Driving Train
German rail operator, Deutsche Bahn and industrial group, Siemens launched the first automated & driverless train of the world. The self-driving train was launched in the city of Hamburg. This project is being developed by ‘Siemens and Deutsche Bahn’.
- Germany Capital: Berlin;
- Germany Currency: Euro;
- Germany President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier;
- Germany Chancellor: Angela Merkel.