CDS Bipin Rawat Biography: India’s First Chief of Defence Staff General Rawat
Let’s read about General Bipin Rawat biography, India’s first Chief of Defence Staff led a life dedicated to the country. He is a true patriot and revolutionary, visionary leader. General Bipin Rawat was India’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). On 1 January 2020, he took charge as the Chief of Defence Staff of the three forces of the Indian Armed Forces. Before this post, he was the Chief of the Indian Army. General Bipin Rawat served as the Chief of Indian Army Staff from 31 December 2016 to 31 December 2019.
His helicopter crashed in the Coonoor region of Tamil Nadu on Wednesday 8 December 2021. After which he died General Bipin Rawat was 63 years old and he has brought laurels to the country many times by performing well in his Military Divasi tasks. After the passing away of such a great personality of India, there is an atmosphere of mourning in the Indian Armed Forces. Let us CDS Bipin Rawat Biography.
CDS Bipin Rawat Biography:-
Table of Contents
General Bipin Rawat was born in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. His family belongs to a branch of the Rajput dynasty. General Rawat’s mother-in-law belongs to the Parmar dynasty. His ancestors came to Mayapur Haridwar and settled in the Parsai village of Garhwal. Rawat’s family is already serving in the army. His father, Lieutenant General Laxman Singh Ji Rawat, stayed in the Indian Army and served as a lieutenant general, and retired.
General Bipin Rawat started his career in the Indian Army by joining the 5th Battalion of the 11th Gorkha Rifles in 1978. General Rawat completed his education at Cambrian Hall School in Dehradun, St Edward’s School in Shimla, and the Indian Military Academy Dehradun.
He was also honoured with the Sword of Honor Award during his education at the Indian Military Academy. He did his graduation from Fort Leavenworth USA. He graduated from the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, and he received Higher Command Course Degree from the United States of America. To study at Enfield, he obtained a Diploma in Defence Studies, a Diploma in Management, and a Diploma in Computer Studies from the University of Madras. In 2011 he was also honoured with the honour of Directorate of Philosophy by Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut for research on Military Media Strategic Studies.
Education of General Bipin Rawat:-
- He graduated from the Indian Military Academy.
- He was also honored with the Sword of Honor at the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- He obtained his degree in Management Studies and Defence Management Enfield from Devi Ahilya Bai University.
- He received his M.Phil degree in Strategic and Defence Studies from Madras University. In 2011, He received his PhD. Degree in Media Studies from Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
Services of General Bipin Rawat:-
Many generations before General Bipin Rawat, born in a Rajput family, have contributed to the army.
- The first appointment of General Bipin Rawat was made in January 1979 in Mizoram. He had also successfully led his battalion during the deployment in the NEFA area.
- He also headed the United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Congo.
- On 1 September 2016, he was given the charge of the post of Deputy Chief of Army Staff. He was appointed as the Chief of Army Staff on 31 December 2016.
While working as the Chief of Army Staff of India, he has left his mark on many fronts. Some of which are as follows: –
- During his visit to Nepal from 28 to 31 March, he engaged in bilateral discussions with the President, Prime Minister, and Defence Minister of Nepal. To discuss this, he also visited a high-altitude military combat training center at Pokhara and Muktinath.
- Had bilateral discussions with the President, Prime Minister, and Army Chief of Bangladesh from 31 March to 2 April. An infantry influence of Bakra and also visited the headquarters of the Armored Corps.
- Visited with the King of Bhutan from 27 to 30 April and contributed to the goodwill visit.
- From 28 to 31 May, the State Counselor of Myanmar, the Union Minister for Foreign Affairs, the Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Services, and the Commander-in-Chief of the Army, participated in bilateral discussions. On the same tour, he also visited the National Defence College, Napaitaw,and Defence Service Academy Pavin o’ Luin.
- From 12 to 14 February 2018, he once again participated in a bilateral meeting with the President and Prime Minister of Nepal. Simultaneously, Nepal Army was also selected as the Chief Guest of Army Day.
Awards and honours received by CDS General Bipin Rawat
(Medals of CDS Bipin Rawat: -PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, ADC)
- Best War Service Medal.
- Ati Vishisht Sava Medal
- War service medal
- Sena Medal
- Distinguished Service Medal
- Wound medal
- General service medal
- Special Service Medal
- Operation Parakram Medal
- Military service medal
- High altitude service medal
- Foreign service medal
- Independence 50th Anniversary Medal
- Medal for serving in the army for 30 years.
- Medal for serving in the army for 20 years.
- Medal for serving in the army for 10 years.
- United Nations Peacekeeping Medal,
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the CDS Bipin Rawat Biography: India’s First Chief of Defence Staff General Rawat. If you guys want to serve the nation and want to clear the Defence examination, join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.