CDS 2/2021 Syllabus Exam Pattern
CDS Exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. Graduate candidates may apply for the CDS 2 2021 Exam. This time CDS Exam date is 14 November 2021. Here in this article, we will present the CDS 2/2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for all the eligible and interested candidates.
Through CDS examination, officers and cadets are selected for the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officer Training Academy, Indian Air Force Academy. In which candidates are given commission post after 4 years of graduation examination.
CDS 2 2021 Notification Important Date:-
|CDS 2 2021 Exam||DATE|
|CDS 2 2021 Application Start Date||04 August 2021|
|CDS 2 2021 Application Last Date||24 August 2021|
|CDS 2 2021 Exam Date||14 Nov 2021|
|CDS 2 2021 Admit Card Download Date||Before 3 weeks of exam|
|CDS 2 2021 Result Date (Expected)||Jan – Feb 2022|
CDS 2/2021 Syllabus:-
Stay connected with us for other information related to this graduation level examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Below we are giving you detailed information about the exam pattern and syllabus.
CDS Exam Pattern 2/2021
Information related to the notification and exam pattern of CDS examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission is given below. Selection process rules in CDS are completed in two stages
- Written exam
- SSB interview
Examinations are conducted for selection in two different departments in the written examination of CDS. In which the following types of topics are asked.
|IMA, INA, and AFA||English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics|
|OTA||English and general knowledge|
- Questions of 500 marks are asked in the written examination. In which written test of 300 marks is done for IMA, INA, And AFA and 200 marks for written test OTA.
- The examination of IMA, INA, and AFA is six hours and the written examination of OTA is 4 hours.
- All the questions asked in the exam are objective type.
- The questions asked in the subject of Mathematics in the question paper are of 10th level while the questions of other subjects are of graduation level.
Exam Pattern for IMA, INA, AFA
|English||2 hours||100 Mark|
|General knowledge||2 hours||100 Mark|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100 Mark|
|total||6 hours||300 mark|
Exam pattern for OTA
|English||2 hours||100 marks|
|General knowledge||2 hours||100 marks|
|total||4 घंटे||200 marks|
Marking scheme in CDS 2021
- Each of the questions in the CDS exam is an objective type.
- Each question has 1 mark
- 0.33 marks are deducted for the wrong answer.
CDS Syllabus 2/2021
For which CDS exams conducted by UPSC are given in detail in the table below. Through these topics, you can prepare for CDS exam.
- synonyms and antonyms
- Idioms and phrases
- Ordering of word in a sentence
- Selecting words
- Sentence arrangement questions
- Spotting error questions
- Fill in the blanks question
- Comprehensions questions
- Ordering of sentence
general awareness/general knowledge
- Current affair
- True and false statement
- Defence-related awards
- Books name and authors name
- Sports (events and awards)
The following types of questions are asked from different topics in this subject. With the help of the table below, you are being given information about each topic.
Algebra (CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021)
- Simple factors
- Basic operations
- Relation between roots and coefficients
- Theory of polynomials
- Remainder theorem
- Solution of quadratic equation
- Linear equation
- Linear equation in two variables
- Set language and set notation
- Law of indices
- Rational expression and conditional identities
Arithmetics (CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021)
- unitary method
- Number system
- Fundamental operations
- Simple and compound equations
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Profit and loss
- Euclid algorithm
- Law of log
- Multiples and factors
- Prime and composite numbers
- Ratio and proportion
Trigonometry (CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021)
- simple trigonometric identities
- Uses of trigonometric table
- Sine, cos , tan uses and value
- Simple case of height and distance
Geometry (CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021)
- line and angles.
- Similar triangles.
- Parallel line.
- Rectangle and square.
- Side and angles of a triangle.
- Theorems on properties of angles at a point.
- Congruence of triangles.
- Plane and plane figure
- Properties of angles
- Circle and its property
- Side and diagonals of a parallelogram
- Concurrence of medians and altitude
- Tangents and normals equations
Mensuration (CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021)
- surface area and volume of cubes and cuboid
- Triangle and circle
- Area of square and rectangle
- Area of the figure in field book
- Lateral surface and volume of right circular cone and cylinder
- Surface area and volume of spheres
Statics (CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021)
- bar chart
- Measures of Central tendency
- Collection and tabulation of static data
- Pie chart
- Graphical representation and frequency polygon etc.
Eligibility Criteria for CDS 2 2021 Entry:
- You can apply for the CDS examination only after graduation.
- If the candidate is in the final year of his graduation can also apply for this.
- The candidate must have at least 60% marks in his graduation.
See, through CDS examination they recruit the candidate for the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Air Force Academy (AFA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), and Officers Training Academy (OTA) so the educational qualification would be different as per their guidelines. Let’s discuss each academy’s qualification in detail:-
Indian Military Academy (IMA):-
Candidate should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized institute.
Indian Air Force Academy (AFA):-
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics and have a degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute.
Indian Naval Academy (INA):-
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics and having a B.E or B.tech degree from any recognized Institute.
Officers Training Academy (OTA):-
- For OTA Candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute. Through the OTA candidate can become officers in the Indian Army as SSC ( Short Service Commission).
How to Prepare Online for CDS 2 2021 Exam:-
You can prepare from the MKC Learning app, which provides a complete syllabus at daily live classes with recorded video lectures and doubt classes.
Click on the below image to find more detail about MKC Online Classes for CDS Examination.
Any preparation is not completed in this competitive exam without solving mock test. Here MKC Provide best Mock test for Upcoming CDS Examination you can join by the clicking on the below image-
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the CDS 2/2021 Syllabus Exam Pattern. If you guys want to serve the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.FOLLOW