BSF Constable Exam Pattern 2023 | BSF Tradesman Recruitment |
The BSF Constable Recruitment Exam is conducted by the Border Security Force (BSF) to recruit candidates for the post of constable (tradesman) in various trades such as carpenter, plumber, painter, electrician, etc. We are going to elaborate BSF Constable Exam Pattern. The exam consists of various stages:
- Written Test
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document verification
- Trade Test
- Medical Examination
- Final Merit List
BSF Constable Exam Pattern 2023:-
The exam pattern for the BSF Constable Recruitment Exam is as follows:
1. Written Exam: The written exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) of one mark each. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The questions are based on General Awareness, General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics, Aptitude, and Reasoning. The minimum qualifying marks for the written exam are 35%.
|Subjects||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness / General knowledge||25||25||120 Minutes|
|Knowledge of elementary mathematics||25||25|
|Analytical aptitude and ability to observe the distinguished patterns||25||25|
|Basic knowledge of the candidates in English or Hindi||25||25|
2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidates who qualify the written exam are called for the PET. The PET consists of the following events:
- Race: 5 km race to be completed within 24 minutes for male candidates and 1.6 km race to be completed within 8.30 minutes for female candidates.
- Long Jump: Minimum 3.65 meters for male candidates and 9 feet for female candidates.
- High Jump: Minimum 1.2 meters for male candidates and 3 feet for female candidates.
3. Trade Test: Candidates who qualify the PET are called for the trade test, which is of qualifying nature. Candidates are assessed on the basis of their skills and knowledge in the respective trade they have applied for.
4. Medical Exam: Candidates who qualify the trade test are called for the medical exam. Candidates must meet the medical standards set by the BSF to be eligible for recruitment.
BSF Constable Tradesman Syllabus 2023:-
The syllabus for the BSF Constable Recruitment Exam includes the following topics:
- General Awareness: Current affairs, history, geography, science and technology, economics, politics, etc.
- General Knowledge: Indian Constitution, Indian culture, sports, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian Geography, etc.
- Elementary Mathematics: Number system, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, mensuration, etc.
- Aptitude: Simplification, time and distance, time and work, percentage, profit and loss, average, ratio and proportion, etc.
- Reasoning: Verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, etc.
In addition to these topics, candidates should also be familiar with the trade they have applied for, as the trade test assesses the candidates’ skills and knowledge in the respective trade.
BSF Constable Tradesman Job Profile:-
Some of the common tasks performed by a BSF Constable Tradesman are as follows:
- Maintenance and repair work: The constable may be required to carry out maintenance and repair work on the premises and equipment of the BSF, such as buildings, vehicles, and weapons.
- Construction work: The constable may be involved in the construction of new buildings, structures, and facilities for the BSF.
- Cooking and catering: The constable may be responsible for cooking and catering for the personnel of the BSF.
- Tailoring and stitching: The constable may be responsible for stitching and repairing uniforms and other clothing items for the BSF personnel.
- Cleaning and sanitation: The constable may be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of the BSF premises.
- Any other work assigned by the superiors: The constable may be assigned any other work related to their trade or any other task assigned by their superiors.
BSF Constable Salary:- The salary of a BSF constable tradesman is in the pay scale of Rs. 21,700 – Rs. 69,100 (as per the 7th CPC).
If you want to join the military, you must apply for the position of BSF Constable Tradesman and take Major Kalshi classes’ Courses by enrolling in an offline or online batch. MKC is the only way to pass any defence examination.