Advantages and Disadvantages of Agnipath Scheme 2022
Advantages and Disadvantages of Agnipath:- The Central government has made a big change in the Army Recruitment Rules 2022. Now the Indian army will be recruited only under the Agnipath scheme. The Central government claims that this will allow more and more youth to serve in the Indian Army. However, there has been opposition to this plan now. The youth of Bihar have come out on the streets. In Buxar, youth threw stones at the train, while in Muzaffarpur people took to the streets. The youth say that being recruited for just 4 years is a violation of the right to employment. Now, what are the benefits you are going to get from Agniveer, and what are the disadvantages of it?
What is the reason for the controversy?
That is why there is so much commotion in the country. That is, there are two reasons at the root of this dispute; first, there will be no permanent job in the army. Pension will not be available after the second retirement. But the central government says that this scheme will prove to be better for the army and the youth of the country in many ways. You can understand this in a few points.
Advantage of Agnipath Scheme 2022.
- Get a chance to defend the country
First, this will give more and more youth in the army an opportunity to defend the country. With this, the average age of the Indian Army will be reduced from 32 years to 26 years. That is, after 50 years from today, when the population of the country is getting old fast, our army will still be young. Because under this scheme, youth will continue to be recruited in the army at a time interval.
- 25% ‘Agniveers’ will get Permanent jobs
Second, out of the youth who will be recruited into the army for 4 years, the government will retain 25 per cent of the youth. That is, these youths will continue to serve in the army and 75 per cent of the youth, who will leave the army after working, they will have a lot of experience of working in the army and will have a deposit of about 12 lakh rupees as service fund.
- Candidates will have get benefits and a handsome salary
Therefore, those who are saying what will happen to these youth after four years, have to understand that under this scheme, the youth of the country will become very strong financially and mentally at the age of 25. Suppose a young man joins the army at the age of 21, then he will retire from the army at the age of 25 and after retirement, he will get Rs 11 lakh 71 thousand from the government as a service fund package, apart from this, the army He/she will have four years of working experience in the state government, the government will give a separate certificate to that soldier, which is named as Agniveer Skill Certificate and these Agniveers will be given priority for jobs in the police and allied forces of the police of the state governments. Many state governments have also given their approval.
That is, at the age of 25, that young man will have his accumulated capital. There will be experienced and disciplined and most of all, he will be skilled. Think, today at the age of 25, who can settle in his life? According to a survey conducted in 2013, less than 2% of youth in India can collect deposits of Rs 12 lakh by the age of 25. But this Agniveer will be full of confidence at the age of 25.
- Youth will become independent after 4 years of Service
Apart from this, the central government will also give priority to them in different jobs. For example, in the jobs that are done in the Central Armed Police Forces, they will get priority. Apart from this, priority will be given to them in the recruitment of Assam Rifles. Based on the skill certificate that the government will give to these Agniveers, they will easily get loans from banks, so that they will be able to start their own business and there will be many jobs for them in the private sector as well. Because these Agniveers will be skilled because of working in the army. They will have more capacity. Apart from this, the government has said that the Agniveers who will be recruited in the army only after class 10th, the government will give them a chance to study class 12th under a special course with a job in the army and they will also be linked to skill programs.
- The army will be stronger
Many youths in our country are unable to find a job even till the age of 30. That’s why you can think that how this scheme will make the youth self-reliant along with service to the country. Third, the age of 25 is not the age of pension. Think, what is more, important for this country, the government should give a pension to a 25-year-old youth after four years of service or he should spend this pension money on modernization of the army and purchase of new weapons.
- The budget for weapons will increase
About 35 per cent of the budget of defence is spent on the salary in the army. Whereas about 10 per cent of the budget is being spent on pension. In this way, almost half of the budget is being exhausted only on salary and pension. Due to this, the army has to wait for the purchase of necessary weapons. India’s defence budget in the year 2020-21 was Rs 4 lakh 85 thousand crores. Out of which, 54 per cent was being spent only on salary and pension. Due to this, the government could not give much emphasis on the modernization of the army even if it wanted to. Therefore, this plan has been made keeping in mind the modernization of the army, from which the youth also benefit. Agniveers will not have to pay pension after retirement. A large part of the budget will be left in the form of a pension, which will be used for the purchase of state-of-the-art weapons. This is very important due to neighbours like China and Pakistan.
Disadvantages of Agnipath Scheme 2022.
- Incomplete training- According to retired Major General, it takes six to seven years to become a good soldier. Just 6 months of training is not enough to make a soldier capable of war. According to him, the maintenance of state-of-the-art weapons and training to operate them is not complete. By the time they learn to operate modern weapons, they will leave the army. In such a situation, the hope of better performance of those soldiers on the battlefield is reduced.
- Lack of passion- According to a defence expert, ‘name, salt and mark’ is very important in the army. The passion and passion that the soldiers of the army have today. Pakistan and China have two big borders with India. Even for an inch of the land of the country, our soldiers put their lives on the line. It can be covered only by trained jawans. Will a young man who has come for 4 years do this work? Second, will only 25 per cent of the trained jawans be enough to protect the country?
- Morale will drop-According to the defence expert, he said that the country’s army has proved itself on every front. Our soldiers have rubbed off on Pakistan in 1947, 1965, and Kargil wars. In 1962, fought from China wearing slippers. Now, this step of the government is going to bring down the morale of the army. He said that there is an IAS lobby in the country, which has always been annoyed with the army. Many people want to close down military canteens and hospitals. Now the government has come under the guise of these people.
Frequently Asked Question:-
- Why is Agnipath Scheme 2022 being boycotted?
Ans:-Under the Agnipath Scheme 2022, the scheme is being boycotted due to the candidates joining the army for only 4 years and then being expelled.
- In which department the recruitment will start first under Agnipath Scheme 2022?
Ans: –On June 19, 2022, it has been clarified by the chiefs of the three parties that from July 24, the first recruitment will be done in the Air Force.
- What are the benefits of the Agnipath Scheme 2022?
Ans: –The candidates who will be selected under the Agnipath 2022 scheme will be given many facilities like an excellent salary, a graduation degree in 4 years, and basic facilities for independence.
- What are the benefits of the Agnipath Scheme 2022 for the Army?
Ans:-In the past times, the candidates who were recruited in the army were kept permanently, due to which more than half of the country was spent only on giving them salary and pension. With the arrival of the Agnipath Scheme 2022, now it can help more financially to use new weapons and new technology in the army.
- What are the disadvantages of the Agnipath Scheme 2022?
Ans: –Basically, the candidate who is appointed through the Agnipath 2022 scheme may lack full training and passion to serve the country.