25TH EDITION PHASE II OF MALABAR EXERCISE BEGINS
The second phase of Malabar Naval Exercise has begun on October 12, 2021 and will continue till October 15,2021. The four QUAD member nations-India, US, Japan and Australia- is taking part in this exercise. The activity will occur in the Bay of Bengal and it will highlight various complex drills including a few forefront warships and different resources of the four naval forces.
Indian Navy will be represented by INS Ranvijay, INS Satpura, P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft and a submarine, in the multilateral exercise.
The first phase of Malabar 2021 was held in the Philippines Sea from 26 AUGUST 2021 TO 29 AUGUST 2021.It was hosted by US.
For the US, Navy carrier warship USS Carl Vinson alongside two destroyers, USS Lake Champlain and USS Stockdale, will take an interest.
Japan Maritime Self Defense Force will be represented by JS Kaga and JS Murasame.
What’s more, the Royal Australian Navy will be represented by HMAS Ballarat and HMAS Sirius.
Indian Navy spokesperson Commander Vivek Madhwal said.
“The second phase of the exercise would build upon the synergy, coordination and inter-operability developed during the first phase of the exercise and would focus on advanced surface and anti-submarine warfare exercises, seamanship evolutions and weapon firings,”.
ABOUT MALABAR EXERCISE
- It is a multilateral war gaming maritime exercise that was begun in 1992. It started as a two-sided practice between the naval forces of India and the United States.
- Two more releases of the activity were completed in 1995 and 1996, after which there was a break until 2002 in the fallout of India’s atomic tests.
- From 2002 forward, the activity has been held each year.
- Japan and Australia previously took part in 2007, and beginning around 2014, India, the US and Japan have taken an interest in the activity consistently.
- In 2020 Australia joined the Malabar Exercise on India’s solicitation to contain China in the Indo-Pacific locale.
- For the initial time in longer than 10 years, Malabar 2020 saw the interest of every one of the four Quad individuals.
- It is planned to help free, open and comprehensive Indo-Pacific and stay focused on a guidelines based worldwide request.
- Malabar 2021:
This is the primary joint oceanic exercise inside the structure of Quad in the Western Pacific and clearly intends to scare China. It is being facilitated by the US.FOLLOW