1.Additional Eligibility Criteria-
Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply:
|A.||General Duty||(i) Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks
(ii) Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate
with 60% aggregate in
mathematics and physics
|Male||01 Jul 1993 to
30 Jun 1997
|B.||General Duty (Pilot||Male||01 Jul 1993 to
30 Jun 1999
|C.||Pilot(CPL)||12thclass pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current/valid Commercial Pilot
License (CPL) issued/validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application
|Male||01 Jul 1993 to
30 Jun 1999
|Short Service Appointment-Short Service Appointment as Assistant Commandant is for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years.|
- The upper age limit of OBC is relaxable up to 3 years and /SC & ST is 5 years.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ’C’ (A grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12thclass marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
2.Additional Eligibility Criteria-
- The candidates failed in Computerized Pilot Selection System/PABT or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
3. How to Apply-
- Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ till 02 Dec 17upto 1700 hrs for the above branches.
- Candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). The size of photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the Submit button. No further changes can be made on successful submission of application.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate.
- Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-admit card.
- Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 11 Dec 2017 to 24 Dec 2017 only post short listing of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip’, giving the cause of rejection with the ‘Application Number’ will be displayed.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the e-Admit card with recent identical photograph with blue background (not older than 03 months) and to be carried at the recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’certificate/games certificate duly attested shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination Centre. Second copy without any enclosure is tobe kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure.
- Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB and FSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note-Candidate can apply for one branch only. Filling of multipleapplications will result in cancellation of all applications of such Candidates.
* Last date for applying online: 02 Dec 2017 till 1700 Hrs.
4. Selection Procedure-
- Short Listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection-Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents:-
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online e-admit card form with recent colour passport size photo affixed (Not older than 03 months).
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 10thclass.
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 12thexamination.
- Original degree certificate with all semesters/years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage of marks from university.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Adhaar Card, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Govt. of India for OBC and State Govt. for SC & ST candidates (format available in www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in).
- Character certificate. (Should not be older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- Current and valid Commercial Pilot License (issued & validated by DGCA) in original and flying log book for Asst Commandant CPL entry only.
- Final Selection-The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection willbe called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
- Medical. All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi.
- CPSS. GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number, date and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection. The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Merit List. Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during first week of Jun 2018. The joining letters will be issued accordingly. The training at INA, Ezhimala is scheduled to commence in end Jun 2018.
Click here for detailed notification –
Click here to apply online-
For more information and best guidance visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-1800-313-2004