SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) FOR MEN & WOMEN (INCLUDING WARDS OF BATTLE CASUALITIES OF ARMY PERSONNEL)
- Applications are invited from UNMARRIED/MARRIED male and UNMARRIED female and also from the Wards of Battle Causalities of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. 2. Vacancies.
(a) NCC MEN. 50 (45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
(b) NCC Women. 04 (03 for Women general category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
- Age Limit. For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years (born not earlier than 02 Jul 92 and not later than 01 Jul 98).
- Educational Qualification and other Criteria.
(a) For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders.
(i) Educational Qualification.
(aa) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. 2
(ab) Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Oct 2017. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
(ii) Service in NCC: Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
(iii) Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC. (b) For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army
- Selection Procedure. The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first served basis, through the link forwarded via email.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB) by psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidates registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- HOW TO APPLY.
- For NCC `C’ Certificate Holders only. (i) Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. No offline applications will be accepted.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:- ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 17 JAN 2017 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 15 FEB 2017 AT 1000 HRS.