We are excited to notify our loyal readers that SSC GD 2018 online application process has been started from 17th August 2018. This article contains details information about SSC GD 2018 notification, eligibility criteria, physical and medical standards required for the exam, number of vacancies available, and so on.
SSC GD (Constable) 2018 exam will be conducted for the post of General Duty, including BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, and so on. There are total numbers of 54953 vacancies which can be applied by visiting the official website of SSC, i.e. www.ssc.nic.in. The submission of SSC GD 2018 online application is divided into two parts, including:
- One-Time Registration
- Filling of online application form
Eligibility Criteria – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
- Candidates should be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 and settled permanently will be eligible.
- A person of Indian origin and migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam (permanently settled in India) will be eligible.
Educational Qualification – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
Candidates must have a 10th and 12th class passed certificate from any recognized board/university.
Age Limit: Candidates must be aged between 18-23 years. Age relaxation is given to candidates, who belong to reserved categories as per the government rules.
|3.||Ex-Servicemen (General)||26 yrs|
|4.||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||29 yrs|
|5.||Ex. Servicemen (SC/ST)||31 yrs|
|6.||Residing in the state of J&K during the period of 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 (General)||28 yrs|
|7.||Residing in the state of J&K during the period of 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 (OBC)||31 yrs|
|8.||Residing in the state of J&K during the period of 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 (SC/ST)||28 yrs|
|9.||Children of victims killed in the Sikh 1984 riots OR Communal riots of 2002 in Gujrat (General)||28 yrs|
|10.||Children of victims killed in the Sikh 1984 riots OR Communal riots of 2002 in Gujrat (OBC)||31 yrs|
|11.||Children of victims killed in the Sikh 1984 riots OR Communal riots of 2002 in Gujrat (SC/ST)||31 yrs|
Things To Consider – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
- Physically challenged or handicapped are not eligible to apply for this exam.
- The personnel of Central Para Military Forces is not eligible to apply under Ex-Servicemen category.
- The Date of Birth mentioned on the Matriculation/Secondary Exam Certificate will be accepted by the Commission to confirm the age eligibility.
Physical Standard Test (PST) – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
The physical standard for SSC GD constable is given below:
|Height||170 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||Expanded – 5 cm
Unexpanded – 80 cm
|Weight||Proportionate to height as per medical standards||Proportionate to height as per medical standards|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
To qualify this test, candidates have to participate in the race.
|All over India||5 km in 24 minutes||1.6 km in 8 minutes|
|Ladakh Region||1.6 km in 6 minutes||800 km in 4 minutes|
Things To Consider – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
- Candidates will be eligible for long jump and high jump after qualifying the race.
- SSC will give all the candidates only three chances to qualify in the long jump and high jump events.
- Candidates could not appeal against disqualification in the race and other events. However, they can appeal against height and chest measurement on the same day of PE and MT before the Appellate Board.
- There will be no chest measurement for female candidates under SSC physical test. The female candidates who are pregnant at the time of PE and MT will be rejected.
- Candidates who are drug addicted will be disqualified from SSC GD physical endurance and measurement test.
Medical Test – SSC GD 2018 Online Application
According to SSC GD notification, candidates should not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in their eyes. They should be physically and mentally fit. All the fit candidates will be again tested for X-Ray & Blood Test, and so on.
Conditions To Check Eye Sight
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Refraction|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual Correction of any kind is not permitted by glasses.|
Vacancies Details – SSC GD 2018 online application
For Male Candidates
For Female Candidates
The late date of SSC GD 2018 online application would be 17th September 2018. Candidates are suggested to visit the official website and apply ASAP.
Hope, the above-written blog on SSC GD 2018 online application provides complete details to candidates who are interested in this examination. Check out the previous year question papers of SSC GD Constable to get an idea about the level of examination. Good Luck!
Candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.