Physical Standards for Senior Secondary Recruits
SSR is a part of highly technical Organization. The sailors in SSR serve in powerful, modern ships such as Aircraft Carriers, Guided Missile Destroyers and Frigates, Replenishment Ships and highly technical and fascinating submarines and aircraft. Such Strong works require Strong Body, therefore a candidate has to be physically and medically fit. Below are the Physical and Medical Standards that a candidate needs to qualify to become SSR.
- Height: Minimum height of 157 cm with proportionate body weight, depending on the age and height of the candidate.
- Chest: He should also have proportionate chest with minimum expansion capability of 05 cm.
- Candidate should possess good mental and physical health, should be free from any disease/ disability and have no cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like Knock-Knees, Flat-Foot.
- Candidate should not have a past history of fits or psychiatric ailments, Varicose-veins etc.
- He should not have any type of infection in the ears. Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth before appearing for the written test, which is followed by PFT and Medical examination.
- Candidate should possess Colour perception standard of CP II and Eyes Visual standards should meet the under mentioned prescribed standards for both the conditions that is with glasses and without glasses.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy need not apply
Height and Weight Standards, Male (Weight in Kilograms) Age in Years:
Heights and Weights as shown are for men fully stripped. The principle of averages will be utilised for calculating body Weight for in-between Heights.
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed under current regulations applicable to the sailors of Indian Navy on entry. The detailed guidelines for medical standards are laid down in Navy Order (Spl) 01/2008 by IHQ MOD (Navy). Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth before appearing for the written test, which is followed by PFT and Medical examination.