NCC Special Entry Scheme 45th Course (April 2019)
LAST DATE TO APPLY: 2nd AUGUST 2018
NCC Special Entry Scheme 45th Course (April 2019): SSC (NT) For Men and Women (Including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel)
Indian Army has invited applications from unmarried male and female candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel) for grant of Short Service commission in the Indian Army.
- Nationality: India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962
- Age Limit: 19 to 25 years as on 1st Jan2019 that is born between 2nd Jan 1994 and 1st Jan 2000 (Both dates inclusive)
- Educational Qualification and Other Criteria:
- For NCC C Certificate holders:
- Graduation with 50 % marks. If appearing in Final year, 50 % marks in previous years and must produce final year passing certificate by 1st April 2019
- Should have served for minimum 2 years in the Senior Division Wing of NCC.
- Should have achieved minimum B Grade in C Certificate Exam of NCC.
- For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel:
- 50 % marks in Graduation
- NCC C Certificate Not required
- Battle Casualty Certificate Number
- A copy of MP Dte/Respective Regimental Records part II Order No.
- Relationship Certificate No.
- NCC Men: 50
- NCC Women: 50
In both 45 for General Category and 05 for wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Tenure of Engagement: 10 Years extendable by 4 years subject to their performance.
- Period of Probation: 6 Months after commissioning
- Ante Date Seniority: No Ante Date Seniority will be granted.
- Termination of commission:
- Medical Unfitness
- Failure to qualify any prescribed test or Course
- If Services not required
- Voluntary resignation with 3 months notice period.
49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
Promotion Criteria and Salary Structure
- Promotion Criteria
|Captain||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion of 26 years|
On Selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions
|Lt General /HAG Scale|
|HAG + Scale|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)|
|Rank||Level||Pay in Rupees|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07, 200|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lt General /HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||2,50,000 (fixed)|
There are several other allowances like Military Service Pay, Field Area Allowance, Dearness Allowance, High Altitude Allowance, Transport Allowance, Uniform Allowance, Free ration, Children Education Allowance etc.
Army Group Insurance Fund
The Gentleman and Lady cadets of OTA when in receipt of Stipend are insured for Rs 75 Lakhs. In case of disability cadets will get:
|Disability Percentage||Cover Amount|
|Less than 20||NIL (Ex Gratia Grant 50,000)|
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted only online on joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on Officers Entry Apply/Login and then click Registration
- Fill details and after getting registered click on Apply Online.
- In Each page that follows, keep filling your information and keep clicking on save and continue
- On the last page which is named Summary of Information, review your information and click on Submit.
- One can open application as many times as required and edit information.
- 30 Minutes after closure of Online Application, candidates are required to take 2 copies of the application form
Documents to be carried, to the selection Center
- One copy of Application form duly signed and self attested, photograph affixed.
- Copy of Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Copy of Graduation Degree and mark sheets of each year.
- Copy of NCC C Certificate (Not required for wards of Battle Casualties)
- If in Final year, Certificate from the Principal stating that the candidate is in the final year.
- The wards of Battle Casualties will also submit the above mentioned documents.
- Army reserves the right to set and change cut off.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified Via Email.
- Candidates can login and select SSB center and dates on first come first serve basis.
- SSB interview is a 5 day process conducted in two phases. Only Candidates who clear the first phase will be allowed to appear in the 2nd
- Candidates who clear the 2nd phase will go through medical examination.
- Candidates who are found fit will be issued a joining letter, based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies.
- Height and weight
- Males: 157.5 cms with correlated weight.
- Females: 152 cms and 42 Kgs
- There is concession on height to some geographical areas (check official website for the details)
- Permanent body tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. BUT, right to decide on acceptability/ unacceptability of the individual shall rest with the Selection Centre.
- Candidates are required to meet the following:
- Running 2.4 Kms in 15 Minutes
- 13 push ups
- 25 sit ups
- 6 chin ups
- 3 to 4 meters rope climbing
- Bring all the documents in original as well. Original will be returned after verification and copies will be submitted.
- Candidates who don’t bring the originals in SSB, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must apply online only once. Multiple applications by the same candidates will cause all the applications getting rejected.
- Candidates expelled earlier from IMA, OTA, NA, IFA, won’t be entertained at all.
- Candidates must bring their Adhar Card.
- Request to change the SSB date or center will not be entertained.