JOIN INDIAN COAST GUARD (MINISTRY OF DEFENCE) -AS NAVIK (GENERAL DUTY) 10+2 ENTRY – 01/2019 BATCH
APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED ‘ONLINE’ FROM 01 TO 10 JULY 18
Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
- 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50%aggregate in Maths and Physics.
- (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports personnel of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. born between 01 Feb1997 to31 Jan 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Pay, Perks and Others Benefits
On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs. 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
Promotion and Perquisites
- Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs. 47600/- (Pay Level 8)with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
- Other benefits. (i) Free Ration and clothing as per the existing rules. Free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents. (ii) Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee. (iii) 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules. (iv) Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement. (v) Canteen and various loan facilities. (vi) ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 01 July to 10 July18 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates are to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
- The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Sep-Oct2018.
- The Selection procedure is as follows:- (a) Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre. (b) The qualifying cut off percentage(%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received. (c) The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc. (d) Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the testing procedure will take about 2 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination. (e) Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT consists of:- (i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 Squat ups (UthakBaithak) (iii) 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. (f) Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. (g) The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the 5 month of Dec2018/Jan2019.Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
List of Documents
Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents:-
(a) Three copies of pre-filled online e-admit card with latest photograph affixed.
(b) Original Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
(c) Original Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet.
(d) Original Caste certificate (if applicable)of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate.
(e) Domicile certificate of their respective state.
(f) Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter I card, Pan card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
(g) In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC/ST & OBC). Further, in case of OBC the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced. All OBC certificates shall be in original as per Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained).
(h) Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background. Note: – Candidates not in possession of above documents will not be permitted to appear in written examination. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification. If any variations found in application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled. Qualified candidates to submit one copy of all documents at the examination Centre.
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
(b) Height. Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
(c) Chest. Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
(d) Weight. Proportionate to height and age +-10percentage acceptable.
(e) Hearing. Normal. *Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination. Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination. 6
(f) Visual Standard. 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye). (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
(g) Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in Note: Candidates with above Medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standard of Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
The basic training will commence in Feb 2019 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Click here for official notification- Click Here
Click here to apply online- Click Here