Interesting Facts about OTA Chennai
Officers Training Academy transforms young graduates into commissioned Officers armed with requisite military knowledge, leadership skills and morals & ethics of the highest order. It is that prestigious gateway to the Army which equips the young minds to fight & win for our country with panache.
The Academy is located on a sprawling campus of 637.65 acres, bifurcated by the River Adyar adjoining the Chennai International and Domestic Airport, about 15 km from Chennai Central Railway Station along the Grand Southern Trunk (GST) Road.
Interesting Facts about OTA Chennai:-
- The formation of the OTA can be traced back to the Second World War, when the necessity of training selected Indians for commissioned ranks in the Army was felt.
- A total of seven Officers Training Schools were established in India during the period 1942-45.
- However these were closed down after the War.
- In the wake of the Chinese Aggression in October 1962, a National Emergency was declared and two Officers Training Schools were established – one at Madras and the other at Poona in January 1963 to provide Emergency Commissioned Officers to the Indian Army.
- The School at Poona was closed down on 09 May 1964 while the one at Madras continued to function.
- Academy also trains Officer Cadets from Friendly Foreign Countries as part of the Indian Technical and Educational Co-Operation (ITEC) Programme.
Brig Ram Singh the first Commandant along with Shri C Subramaniam, the then Union Minister for Steel and Heavy Industries, formally inaugurated the OTS with an inspiring speech that has proved prophetic.
“I have no doubt that when History comes to be written, it will be said that our young men of today did not fail to rise to the occasion and they came forward in thousands for the defence of our great Nation.”
Ways of Join OTA (Officer Training Academy):-
There are so 4 ways to join OTA, after being selected in Officer Training Academy you have to undergo 49-week training. After completion of training, you will have to attend the Passing out Parade. Let’s see how anyone can join the Officer Traning Academy Chennai.
Through CDS Exam:-
The Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. For OTA, Candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute. Through the OTA, candidates can become officers in the Indian Army as SSC ( Short Service Commission).
- Written exam
- SSB interview
- Medical Test
For more Detail about CDS:- CDS 2 2021 Notification, Exam Date, and Eligibility Full Detail.
Through Army SSC Tech Entry:-
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of the Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
For More Detail About SSC Tech Entry:- SSC Tech Notification 2021 out for 57 Men and 28 Women.
Through the NCC Special Entry:-
Candidates should have obtained a minimum of ‘B’ Grade in the ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC. Applicants, who are not holding the NCC ‘C’ Certificate on the date of application, are not eligible to apply for the course.
And candidates also have degrees of a recognized University or equivalent with an aggregate of a minimum of 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in the final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
For More Detail About NCC SPL Entry:- NCC Special Entry Scheme 50th Course Notification | Eligibility
Ways of Join OTA Through The JAG Entry:-
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree
- The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocates with the Bar Council of India/State.
- The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Age Limit:- 21 to 27 years
- Short Listing of Applications form
- Cut off marks Percentage release (based on LLB and Graduation.)
- Allotment of Selection Centers
- Date Selection by candidates
- SSB Interview
- Final Merit List.
Click for More Detail:- Army JAG Entry 2021 Notification Out | Army Judge Advocate General Recruitment
These all are the Ways of Join OTA Chennai for the Short Service Commission.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the Interesting Facts about OTA Chennai. If you guys want to serve the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.FOLLOW