The Indian Navy-Navy SSR Notification
INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES FOR ENROLMENT AS SAILORS FOR SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUITS (SSR) – AUG 2018 BATCH COURSE COMMENCING AUGUST 2018
NAVY SSR ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrollment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Aug 2018 Batch.
- Educational Qualification-Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects:-Chemistry/Biology/Computer science from an Educational board recognized by Central/ State government.
- Age-Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 19 97 to 31 Jul 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
NAVY SSR PAY AND PERQUISITES
- Pay & Allowances-During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (21,700- 69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
- Promotion- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (47,600- 1,51,100) plus MSP @ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post-retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulatedas per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
- Insurance Cover- Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs 37.50 lakhs for all sailors is applicable.
NAVY SSR SELECTION CRITERIA
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- Written Test-
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)-
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7minutes, 20 squat ups (UthakBaithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Medical Standards
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standardsprescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere withthe efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOTbe enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
- Tattoos-Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment
NAVY SSR SELECTION PROCEDURE
The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- The ‘Online’ applications along with the required certificates will be sorted out State-wise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scoredin 10+2. THE CUT OFF PERCENTAGE WILL BE CALCULATED TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION BEST OF FIVE SUBJECTS (INCLUSION OF MATHS AND PHYSICS MANDATORY).
- Call up Letters cum Admit Card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Mar/ Apr 2018, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Call up Letters cum Admit Card will be tentatively uploaded on website by End Jan No separate Call up Lettercum Admit Card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates, mark sheets, Domicile certificate and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the examination will be announced on the same day and those who qualify examination will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medicals can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal forspecialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/appeal is permissible.
- A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon vacancies. This select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 21 Jun 2018.
- All candidates, whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared provisionally medically fit in the Preliminary Recruitment Medical, would be required to report at INS Chilka. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for final medical examination for enrolment. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for final medicals and enrolment, are to produce the self -attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the online application, along with the original certificates. If the details provided during online application stage are not matching with the original certificates, the candidature will be cancelled.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka aftergetting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.(m) No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
HOW TO APPLY NAVY SSR FORM
- For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 27 Nov 17 to 10 Dec 17. The procedure is as follows:-(a) Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your E-mail Id, if not registered already.
- The E-mail Id will be used for all future communication.
- ‘Log–in’ with the registered E-mail Id and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
Last date to apply online is
10th December 2017, 13th December 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Sailor NCO [SSR] & NCO [AA]-08/2018 entries are being extended till PM 13 DEC 17 in view of more than expected response.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR NAVY –SSR 2018
Navy SSR is one of the examination which requires true hard work towards the right direction. As we have seen in the above that the selection procedure of the NAVY SSR Exam is comprises of written exam/physical fitness test and medical examination. Written part and the PFT is the most important think which must be looked after and prepared properly. Al though the paper will be of 10+2 level but the time is very limited in which maximum numbers questions are expected from the candidates, So a candidate is supposed to be very quick while solving the questions.
BEST PREPARATION FOR Navy SSR AT MAJOR KALSHI CLASSES
Major Kalshi Classes is the only defence training institute of the India which provide 100 % authentic guidance which is reflected by the results of previous exam, in which MKC has given more than 150 selection in Navy-SSR/AA Exam.
Written Exam– the number of questions asked is 100 from Maths, English, Science and GK and the time limit is only 60 minutes. So it is very important for the candidates to have clear cut idea about the question and they must respond accordingly within seconds. MKC has designed syllabus which is strictly based on the NAVY-SSR syllabus and the entire syllabus is divided into a proper teaching plan which is implemented in time bound manner.
Students get the chance to appear in monthly unit test and Mock test which helps them to analyze their preparation and to work on it within the time.
Physical Fitness Test-
MKC conducts physical training regularly by the physical trainers who works on the physical fitness of the students and make sure that they develop themselves up to the standards of PFT in a time bound manner. Entire physical training is based on the standards of PFT for the good results.
MKC organize medical camps regularly in which team of Doctors visit regularly and carry out check-ups of all the students and also advise them how to keep themselves medically fit and mentally sound.
For more information visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call–1800-313-2004