THE INDIAN NAVY 10+2 (B.TECH) CADET ENTRY SCHEME (PERMANENT COMMISSION) COURSE COMMENCING – JAN 2019
Indian Navy offers Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme which invites unmarried male candidates to join INA, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four-year degree course commencing from January 2019. This blog contains complete details related to Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme, including Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure and Process To Apply.
Important Dates To Remember – Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme
- Starting date of online application form: 02nd June 2018
- Last date to apply: 21st June 2018
- SSB Interview for selected candidates: July-October 2018
- Commence of Training: January 2019
Eligibility Criteria – Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme 2019
Candidates who have passed 10+2 Pattern (Senior Secondary Exam) or equivalent exam from any Board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) with minimum 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII) will be eligible for this course.
Candidates who were born between 02nd July 1999 to 01st January 2002 will be eligible.
Who Can Apply?
Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) 2018 exam can apply for this course. Call up for SSB will be issued as per JEE (Main) – 2018 All India Rank.
- Height and weight: Minimum height should be 157 cms with a correlated weight according to the age.
- Eye Vision: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Candidates should not have color or night blindness issue.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoo on the inner face of forearms will be permitted.
Selection Procedure – Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme
- IHQ of MoD (Navy) has the right to fix the cut off to shortlist the applications for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank – 2018.
- SSB interviews will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata from July – October 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates will get details about their selection for SSB interview on their email IDs or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form.
- SSB interview consists of two stages. Stage 1 involves Intelligence Test, Picture Perception Test and Group Discussion. Candidates who qualify the Stage 1 will be applicable for Stage 2 which consists of Psychological testing, Group Testing and Interview which will last for 4 days. Selected candidates will undergo Medical Examination.
Training – Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme
The training will be commencing in January 2019. Selected candidates who are declared medically fit by SSB will be selected for training in INA based on All India Merit and number of vacancies.
All India Merit will be prepared according to the SSB marks. Selected candidates will go for four years B.Tech course in various branches, including Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialization), Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements.
After completing the course, B.Tech degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Note: The overall cost of training along with books and study material will be borne by the Indian Navy. All the cadets will be provided with free clothing and messing.
How To Apply For Indian Navy B.Tech Entry (10+2) Cadet Scheme?
Candidates can visit the official website – www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and fill the application form.
- Details should be filled as given in the Matriculation Certificate/12th certificate.
- Fields like email address and mobile number are mandatory.
- All the documents like Date of Birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates), marksheets of 10th and 12th, JEE (Main) 2018 and a recent passport size color photograph should be scanned and uploaded in PDF form.
- If scanned documents are not readable, your application will be rejected.
- Print one copy of your application form and carry it along with original documents at the time of SSB interview.
Hope, the above-written blog provides helpful details and clarifies all your doubts. For further details, simply visit the official website of Indian Navy – www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and gain your knowledge.
Candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.