Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2019 Batch
Applications will be accepted from 23 July to 01 Aug 2018
Indian Coast Guard has invited application from Indian male candidates for recruitment as Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard. This is a golden opportunity for diploma holders who keep complaining that there are no job openings for diploma holders. Don’t miss this chance. Applications will be accepted from 23rd July.
Table of Contents
- Matriculation or equivalent, And
- Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical/Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering with 60% in aggregate.
(5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
18 to 22 years that is born between 01 Feb 1997 to 31 Jan 2001 (both dates inclusive. Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates).
Pay and Allowances:
On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay 29200/- (Pay Level-5). In addition, you will be paid Yantrik pay @ 6200/- plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
Promotion and Perquisites:
Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Sahayak Engineer with pay scale 47600/- plus Yantrik pay @ 6200/-with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the next Rank and Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance. Other perquisites are as under:
- Free ration and free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 23 Jul 18 to 01 Aug 18 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are:-
- Select the advertisement for Yantrik 01/2019 Batch
- Select the post applied from any one of the following: – Yantrik Technical (Mechanical), Yantrik Technical (Electrical), Yantrik Technical (Electronics and Telecommunication).
- Read the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Fill all fields.
- On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the Submit Button.
On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/ Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must keep this number to print the e-admit card. E-admit card can be downloaded from http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 13 Aug to 22 Aug 18. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a “Rejection slip giving the cause of rejection with the application number” will be displayed. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
The written test will be conducted at following recruitment centres:-
|Mumbai||Coast GuardRegional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony ,Mumbai – 30|
|Chennai||Indian Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex, Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai-13|
|Kolkata||Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB -700 161|
|Noida||Indian Coast Guard Selection Board Noida, A-1, Sector-24, Opposite Adobe Building, Dist Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida, UP-201 301|
- Call up letters cum e-admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for the recruitment tests, which are scheduled during the month of October 2018 would be available for download from joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The e-admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by 13 Aug to 22 Aug 2018. No separate call up letters will be send through post.
- Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received.
- The written test will be objective type. The question paper will contain questions from their respective branch (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning, aptitude & English.
- Those who qualify written test will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for all those who qualify in the written test. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig i.e. Sport Shoe, T Shirt, Trouser, socks etc. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory.
- The PFT will consist as under :
|1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes|
|20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)|
|10 Push ups|
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests, depending upon the available vacancies and will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jan 2019.
List of Documents:
Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following Original documents. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.
- Three copies of pre-filled e-admit card.
- Original Mark sheet and passing certificates of 10th class.
- Original mark sheet of all semesters and certificate of diploma.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, Aadhar card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Original caste certificate (if applicable)
- Photo copies of all required documents self attested
- Ten recent colour passport size identical photographs with Blue background.
- Photographs shall not be older than one month.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors:
- Height: Minimum 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age +10% acceptable.
- Hearing: Normal
- Fitness Level: History of Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, under gone corrective surgery for eye sight etc are not eligible.
- Visual Standards: 6/24 without glasses and 6/9 & 6/12 with glasses for Better Eye and Worse Eye respectively.
- Tattoo(s): Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities. Details available at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
The basic training will commence in February 2019 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training. Yantriks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear.
- Request for change of examination Centre/date will not be entertained.
- Applications received by post will not be accepted.
- It may also be noted that minimum percentage of marks for eligibility may be increased depending upon number of candidates applying.
Note1 : Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all application.
Note 2: Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit in Written Test, subject to clearance of Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination.
This is a golden opportunity for diploma holders. We will be starting starting a new batch specifically for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik preparation soon. For admissions or any other query visit www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call Helpline Number 9696220022 or 9696330033
To order our books, visit www.mkcpublication.in
To practice for any exams, check our online test serties at www.mkconlinetestseries.in