FOR AUTOMOBILE TECHNICIAN AND INDIAN AIR FORCE POLICE TRADES
FOR INTAKE 02/2019
Indian Air Force offers opportunities for UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN/NEPALESE CITIZENS to join as Airmen. The List of all the districts with their respective dates and places are given below-
- For States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Meghalaya and Manipur will be held at Air Force Station Borjhar, Guwahati, Assamfrom01 September 2018 to 03 September 2018
- For States of West Bengal & Sikkim will be held at 4 Airmen Selection Centre (Near Palta Gate), Air Force Station Barrackpore, 24 Paragnas (N) West Bengal from25 September 2018 to 28 September 2018
- For Gujarat and UT of Daman & Diu will be held at PadmBhushan Sports Complex (Diu Cricket Stadium), Diu (UT) on 27 August 2018
- For Chhattisgarh will be held at PanditDeenDayalUpadhyay Auditorium, Science College, near NIT College, Raipur, Chhattisgarh. On 31 Aug 18 to 03 September 2018
- Districts of State of Odisha will be held at VSS (Veer SurendraSai) Stadium, Sambalpur, Odisha on 25 Sep to 29 Sep 2018.
Kindly check the detailed notification and the name of your district at:
Table of Contents
The Recruitment Test is not for selection as Commissioned Officers/ Pilots/Navigators. The Recruitment Test shall be conducted from 6 AM onwards as per the details given below:
Candidates born between 14 July 1998 and 26 June 2002 (both days inclusive) are eligible to appear in the Recruitment Rally.
Candidate should have passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Candidates who qualify Adaptability Test-II will be issued with medical appointment letter for their medical examination at designated Medical Boarding Centre on specified date. Medical examination would also include Baseline Investigation of:-
- Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC
- Urine RE/ME
- Biochemistry (i) Blood Sugar Fasting & PP (ii) Serum Cholesterol (iii) Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine (iv) LFT – Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT
- X- Ray chest (PA view) (e) ECG (R).
SEQUENCE OF EXAMINATION
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 6 minutes 30 Seconds. Candidates shall also have to complete 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 20 squats within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
Note: Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts/track pant.
All candidates who qualify PFT shall undertake Written Test on the same or subsequent day depending on the local conditions. The Written Test will be objective type and question paper shall be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper. Answers are to be annotated on OMR sheet. Duration of the written test will be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA). Candidates are to qualify in each paper separately. Results of the written test shall be declared on the same day.
All candidates who pass the Written Test shall undertake Adaptability Test-1 on the same or subsequent day depending on the local conditions. Adaptability Test – 1 is to assess suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
All candidates who pass Adaptability Test-1 will have to undertake Adaptability Test-2 as per policy in vogue. Adaptability Test-2 is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the military way of life.
|Trade||Visual Acuity||Max limit of Ref Error||Colour Vision||Heigt|
|Ops Assistant||6/12 each eye correctable to 6/6 each eye||Hypermetropia +2.0D Myopia1D including +/- 0.50 astigmatism||CP-II||152.5 cm|
|6/36 each eye correctable to 6/9 each eye.||Not exceeding +/-3.50D including astigmatism||CP-III||152.5 cm|
|Environmental Support ServicesAssistant (ESSA),
|6/36 each eye correctable to 6/9 each eye.||Not exceeding +/-3.50D including astigmatism||CP-II||152.5 cm|
|Auto Technician||6/12 each eye correctable to 6/6 each eye||Hypermetropia +2.0D Myopia1D including +/- 0.50 astigmatism||CP-II||165 cm (162.5 cm for North East & Hill states)|
|Ground Training Instructor (GTI)||6/12 each eye correctable to 6/6 each eye||Hypermetropia +2.0D Myopia1D including +/- 0.50 astigmatism||CP-II||167 cm (162.5 cm for North East & Hill states)|
|Indian Air Force (Police)[IAF(P)]||Unaided Visual acuity of 6/6||Not Applicable||CP-II||175 cm|
|Indian Air Force (Security)[IAF(S)]||Unaided Visual acuity of 6/6||Not Applicable||CP-II||152.5 cm|
|Musician||6/36 each eye correctable to 6/9 each eye.||Not exceeding +/-3.50D including astigmatism||CP-III||162 cm|