If you have desire of joining Indian Army, Indian AirForce or Indian Navy after graduation then UPSC union Public service commission comes out with golden opportunity by conducting CDS exam. The exam which means Combine Defence Service Examination, As UPSC conducts this exam twice in every year, since CDS-II 2017 Exam notification has been released. The details regarding eligibility criterion and age limit are described below, but before than that you should know that after giving CDS exam there are 4 main defence academies that you can join that are listed below:
- IMA-Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: for Indian Army permanent commission, only for male candidates.
- OTA– Officers Training Academy, Chennai: for Indian army short service commission, for both male and female candidates.
- AFA– Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: for Indian air force flying branch, only for male candidates.
- INA– Indian Naval Academy,Ezhimala: for male candidates only in naval wing.
Conclusion: As if a male candidate is competing for Short Service Commission (Army) only, he should indicate OTA as the one and only choice. However, a male candidate competing for Short Service Commission Course at OTA as well as Permanent Commission course at IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy should indicate OTA as his last preference; otherwise OTA will be deemed to be the last choice even if it is given a higher preference by the candidate.
Women candidates are being considered only for Short Service Commission at OTA. They should indicate OTA as the only choice.
HOW TO APPLY:Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in for Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form go through the official notification and Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
Last Date for Submission Of Applications: The Online Applications can be filled upto 08th September, 2017 till 6:00 PM
AgeLimits and Marital Status:
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2ndJuly, 1994 and not later than 1stJuly, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2ndJuly, 1994 and not later than 1stJuly, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1stJuly 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 2ndJuly, 1994 and not later than 1stJuly, 1998 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxableupto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2ndJuly, 1992 and not later than 1st July, 1998) only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2ndJuly, 1993 and not later than 1stJuly, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2ndJuly, 1993 and not later than 1stJuly, 1999.
- Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of graduation from a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of graduation from a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year
CDS Combined Defence Services Examination-II 2017 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 19th November 2017
You can join online test series for practice by clicking here!!! www.mkconlinetestseries.in
For further details and queries regularly visit www.majorkalshiclasses.com