CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards
CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards:UPSC conducts Combined Defence Service exam for candidates who want to join the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Air Force Academy (AFA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and the officers Training (OTA). Candidates are required to submit their CDS online application form before the last date. However, before filling the form, it is highly important to check out the CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards and eligibility for the exam.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS – CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards
Considering the physical and medical standard before applying for the exam is very important. Here, you will find helpful information about physical requirements for UPSC CDS exam.
- Firstly, ensure that you are physically & mentally fit and fine and free from any type of disease or disability.
- You should not have any type of mental breakdown record in the past.
- You must undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes, a fungal infection of skin before reporting for the SSB interview.
- You must be under a standard weight.
- Your chest should be in fine condition. You should have an X-ray that indicates that you are free from all types of chest diseases.
- The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 CM.
- You should not have any disease in bones and joints.
Medical STANDARDS – CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards
Like physical standards, mental standards are also important to consider before submitting your application form. Here, you will find helpful information about medical requirements for UPSC CDS exam.
- All the selected participants will undergo a medical examination process by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
- Female participants will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male / female doctors / specialists / Gynecologists. Also, there will be a lady Medical Officer as member of Board.
- The entire process will be confidential and not disclosed to anyone.
- The final result of Candidate fitness will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board.
- Candidates must be physically and mentally fit as per standards and provide various details, including vision standards, Height & weight criteria, eye sight criteria, Ear, Nose, throat, teeth condition etc.
- Height and weight standards (Army/Navy- Males)
Height and weight standards (Army/Navy- Males)
CDS Exam physical eligibility test also includes one major point and that is the aspirant’s height. Here is a table for height required for CDS Exam for male and female candidates with weight parameters.
|Height (in CM)||Weight (in KG)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
Height and weight standards for Female Candidates
|Height (in CM)||Weight ( in KG)|
|20 Years||25 Years||30 Years|
Male Ideal Weights in Kg for Different Age Groups and Heights for Fat % (<20) Of Normal Individuals for Air Force
|Height In CMs||Age – Range|
EYESIGHT ELIGIBILITY As Per CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards
Vision standard criteria for Male Candidates-
- Candidate should have the ability to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye with or without glasses (For Navy and Air Force without glasses only).
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5D including Astigmatism.
Vision standard criteria for Female Candidates-
- Candidates should have the ability to read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) in a distant vision chart with or without glasses.
- Myopia should not be more than minus 5.5 including Astogination.
- Internal eye examination will be conduct by means of ophthalmoscope.
- A candidate must have a good binocular vision.
- The colour vision standard will be CP-III.
- A candidate should have the ability to recognize red and green colours.
Teeth, Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions
- The candidates ought to have an adequate number of normal and sound teeth.
- Having 14 dental focuses will be satisfactory.
- The listening must be ordinary.
- A hopeful ought to have the capacity to hear a constrained whisper with every ear at a separation of 610 CM in a very room.
Major Kalshi Classes wishes all the best for the CDS 2/2018 exam which is scheduled on 18th Nov 2018. Fill the form at the earliest. Apply before 3rd September 2018 if you meet CDS 2/2018 Physical & Medical Standards. We are starting a 3 months (12 weeks) premium crash course batch for CDS 2/2018 and it starts 27th August to 11th November. Join this course to build a bright future.