3 Ways to Become Officer in Airforce after Joining As Airmen.
Every airman can become an officer in Airforce if he wishes to join. Here we are going to tell you 3 Ways to Become Officer in Airforce after Joining As Airmen. And we will also tell you how to become an officer in Army during your service period in Airforce. Please read full detail and see the attached video of Mr. Saurabh Sir.
3 Ways to Become Officer in Airforce after Joining As Airmen:-
Table of Contents
Anyone can become an officer in Airforce through the AFCAT, CDS, NDA but as an Airmen, you have limited opportunity to join Airforce as an officer. Here is a total of 3 ways to join the Airforce as an officer.
1. Through to Service Entry Commission (SEC Entry):-
Airmen of the rank of Sergeant & above with 10 years of minimum service and within the age limit of 32 to 42 years get the opportunity to become a Commissioned Officer in the IAF. This is done by the internal written exam and SSB interview. After completing the 10 years of service you get this opportunity.
1. IAF provides an opportunity for Sgt and above with a minimum 10+2 educational qualification to become a permanent commissioned officer in ground duty branches (Technical and Non-Technical) in the IAF.
2. Airmen with higher education qualifications and sports achievements are given weightage in the selection process. Eligible airmen have to pass the written test and SSB interview to be selected for the commissioning course at AFA. On successful completion of the course, they are granted permanent commission.
2. Through AFCAT Exam:-
After getting selected in Airforce X and Y group you get a chance to get 2 years to leave without pay for further study. So you can complete your graduation and apply for the AFCAT Entry and become an officer in Airforce.
- AFCAT Flying Branch: 20-24 Years
- Ground Duty Technical / Non-Technical: 20-26 Years
AFCAT Selection Process:-
- Written Examination
- EKT examination (For Ground Duty Technical)
- AFSB Interview
- Medical Examination
AFCAT Written Exam Pattern:-
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
|Exams||Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal|
Ability in English, Numerical
Ability and Reasoning and
Military Aptitude Test
with one of
Science and Electrical &
t is mandatory for the candidates opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branch to appear in both AFCAT as well as Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
|Subjects||No of Questions|
For More Detail About AFCAT Entry Click Below Link:-
Through The CDS Exam:-
CDS Exam is conducted twice a year like AFCAT but the CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC exam. Any airmen can apply for the CDS Exam and opt Airforce for the service.
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Exam
Eligibility Criteria for CDS:-
- You can apply for the CDS examination only after graduation.
- If the candidate is in the final year of his graduation can also apply for this.
- The candidate must have at least 60% marks in his graduation.
Indian Military Academy (IMA):-
The candidate should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized institute.
Indian Air Force Academy (AFA):-
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics and have a degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute.
Indian Naval Academy (INA):-
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics and having a B.E or B.tech degree from any recognized Institute.
Officers Training Academy (OTA):-
- For OTA Candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute. Through the OTA candidate can become officers in the Indian Army as SSC ( Short Service Commission).
Age limit for CDS Entry:-
|For IMA, the candidate age must be between||19-24yrs old|
|For AFA, the candidate age must be between||19-24yrs old|
|For INA, the candidate’s age must be between||19-22yrs old|
|For OTA, candidates’ age must be between||19-27yrs old.|
Check out the below links for More information:-
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the 3 Ways to Become Officer in Airforce after Joining As Airmen. If you guys want to serve the nation and want to clear the Defence examination, join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.