Upcoming CDS II 2018 Notification
Combined Defence Services is a great option to join Indian Armed Forces for graduates. It is conducted by UPSC twice in an year generally Feb & Oct. Through CDS one can join Army, Air Force & Navy. Men can apply for Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy & Naval Academy & Officers Training Academy while women can apply for Officers Training Academy only. UPSC will issue yth enotification on 8th August 2018.
Age Limit, Sex and Marital Status:
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1995 and not later than 01st July, 1999
- For Officers’ Training Academy— (SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000.
Above mentioned is expected age and is based on the last few years trends.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Exam Centers are expected to be same as the last time which were:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru,Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Port blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
How To Apply
Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the abovementioned website.
- DATE OF NOTIFICATION-8th Aug 2018
- Last date to fill the form-3rd Sep 2018
- Examination Date-18th Nov 2018
Written exam is of objective type OMR based which comprises of following subjects-
|General Knowledge||2 hours||120|
Standard of the Examination
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
English (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
General Knowledge (Code No. 02)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography
Elementary Mathematics (Code No. 03)
SSB Interview – Intelligence And Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in. The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the test. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage.
The various tests of IO, GTO and Psych are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.
Click here for CDS coaching- www.majorkalshiclasses.com
Stay connected to Major Kalshi Classes blogs for latest updates and results.