The Growing Power of Women in Indian Military
Women in Indian Military -In this modern world, women have delved into all domains. Be it a business, film industry, photography, politics, or Indian Army, women empowerment is everywhere. The nation should celebrate the achievement of women and encourage them to make the world a better place to live. When it comes to the role of women in Indian Military, the growing power of women cannot be ignored.
Gone are the days when the Indian Armed Forces were considered to be a male-dominated field. Today, there are plenty of women who are involved in this field and serving the nation. Thanks to the Indian Military, this field treats both men and women equally. Being a woman, if you are willing to be the part of Indian Military, here is good news for you.
Recent Announcement by Defence Minister for Women in Indian Military Entry:
Defence Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman has recently announced the government has taken a historic decision to induct women in Indian Military with the aim to boost their representation in the three services. Women can become the part of Indian Military in a graded manner to comprise 20% of total Corps of Military Police. The primary role would be probing crime cases, assisting the Army in field operations when required and so on.
Moreover, women in Indian Military are allowed to choose any wing, including medical, legal, educational, engineering, and signals of the Army. According to the government data, the Army has 3.80 % of its workforce as women, whereas the Air Force has 13.09% and the Navy has 6% of its workforce as women.
Let’s check out the list of women in Indian Military who have made the nation proud:
- Padmavathy Bandopadhyay: She is the “First Woman Air Marshal of the IAF”
- Nivedita Choudhary: She is the “First Woman from IAF to Summit Everest”
- Jawan Shanti Tigga: She is the “First Female Jawan of India”
- Lieutenant Ganeve Lalji: She is the “First Woman Key Aide to an Army Commander”
- Gunjan Saxena: She is the “First Woman Officer to Fly in a Combat Zone”
- Nidhi Handa: She is the “First Woman to Reach the B-Green Category in Just 6 Years”.
- Puja Thakur: She is the “First Woman to Lead Guard of Honour”
- Teji Uppal: She is the “First Woman Officer to Land a Military Multi-Engine Aircraft at a High Altitude Airfield”
- Punita Arora: She is the “First woman in Indian Army to don the rank of Lieutenant General and Vice Marshal”
- Divya Ajith Kumar: She has received The ‘Sword of Honor’ and the “First woman to receive this honor”.
If you are dreaming to become the part of the team of women in Indian Military and willing to set an example like all these successful women, simply join Major Kalshi Classes and achieve your dream. Good Luck!
We hope that this blog provides you with all the required details about the The Growing Power of Women in Indian Military. If you are a candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given below.