Physical Fitness of an Airforce Pilot.
Physical Fitness of an Airforce Pilot:- Friends, as we know that when we appear in any exam, we must consider the eligibility related to that exam. If we talk about becoming a pilot in the Indian Air Force. Then the candidates are required to fully consider their physical eligibility. Everyone dreams of getting a job in the Indian Air Force. It is the dream of many youngsters to become a pilot in the Air Force but it is not so easy. For this, you must have a lot of dedication, strong will, and courage for this challenging and exciting role.
Air force pilots have to go through a very difficult training process that involves air-to-air assault during fighter plane flying. It is the responsibility of the Indian Air Force pilot to complete the given mission which includes destroying the enemy base, rescuing Soldiers / Civilians, or both. In some cases, Air Force pilots are also engaged in peacekeeping missions. However, in most cases, they are trained to attack with a fighter jet.
Courses to become a pilot in the Air Force
It is not easy to become a pilot in the Indian Air Force. There are four ways through which optimism can become a pilot in the Indian Air Force. National Defense Academy (NDA), Combined Defense Service Exam (CDSE), NCC Entry, and Short Service Commission Entry (SSC) are such courses. Through which you can enter the Air Force as a flying officer. The first three of these methods are a permanent commission and the fourth is a temporary commission.
Physical Fitness of an Airforce Pilot
Eligibility criteria to become Air Force Pilot
- To become an Air Force Pilot, the candidates must be a citizen of India.
Educational Qualification to become Air Force Pilot
- For entry through NDA examination, candidates should have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidates should be graduates for entry through CDS Exam, NCC Special Entry and AFCAT. Candidates with engineering degree can also apply for the CDS exam.
- Candidates should be between 16-1 / 2 to 19 years of age for entry through NDA examination.
- Candidates should be between 20 to 24 years of age for entry through CDS examination, NCC Special Entry and AFCAT.
For an Air Force Pilot’s Medical Test and Physical Test, candidates have to fulfill the following criteria.
- The height
- Disease status in candidates
The height and weight criteria of candidates in the Air Force by NDA are as follows.
|Height for the Air Force (in centimeters)||Weight in kg (16 to 17 years)||Weight in kilograms (17 to 18 years)||Weight in kilograms (18 to 19 years)|
The criteria for candidates to become pilots in the Air Force are as follows.
|leg length||99 cm- 120 cm|
|Sitting height||max. 64.4 cm|
|Thigh length||81.50 cm – 96 cm|
To join the army, candidates must meet the criteria of eye sight. The criteria for eye position are as follows.
|Indian Air Force|
|Vision without glasses||6/6, 6/9|
|Vision with glasses||6/6 (Only for hypermetropia)|
|Far sight defect limit||+2.00 D|
|Color blindness||CP-I MLT|
|Myopia||N-5 (For each eye) In rare case|
- Candidates who use glasses permanently cannot apply to the Air Force.
- It is considered ineligible to apply in the Air Force after LASIK surgery.
- Candidates who have undergone cataract surgery in their eyes also cannot fill this application form.
- Candidates with colour blindness are not eligible for Air Force.
Ineligible criteria in medical test
Due to some of the common diseases given below, candidates are considered ineligible to join the Air Force Pilot. Therefore, candidates are advised to get tests done for the treatment of all these people before appearing in the Air Force Pilot’s medical test.
- Wax deposition in ears.
- Underweight or overweight
- Chest size is not correct
- Nasal bone curvature
- Candidates with hydrocele or phimosis
Objection due to internal and external diseases
Due to the internal and external diseases given below, candidates are not selected in the Air Force Pilot Medical Test.
- Enlarged liver
- If the candidate is suffering from hunchback.
- Candidates suffering from knee pain
- Hernia-prone candidates
- Candidates suffering from skin diseases
- Scoliosis candidates
- Any type of disease in the abdomen
- When suffering from heart and blood related diseases
- In the presence of any disease in the urine.
- Candidates having both feet flat
Salary and other allowances to Air Force Pilot
The salary of a flying officer or an Indian Air Force pilot is determined on the basis of pay-band. The basic pay band is 3 Rs. 15600-39100. Apart from this, grade pay is Rs.5400 per month, military service pay is Rs.6000 per month, Dearness allowance is Rs.21,600 per month., Kit Maintenance Allowance Rs. 500 per month and Transport Allowance Rs. 3200+ DA (in major cities) / Rs. 1600 + DA (in other cities) are also given. Flying branch officers are given Rs.11250 per month in other allowances. In total, a new recruitment flying officer is paid Rs. 66,110 per month as per the Sixth Pay Commission. After experience and promotion in service, salary becomes up to Rs 1.5 lakh in Pay Band 4.
Friends, in today’s article, we have given you information about the physical and medical eligibility requirements to become a pilot in the Indian Air Force. The information given by us will prove very useful and important for you. If you also want to see yourself in the Indian Air Force as a pilot, then coaching institutes like Major Kalshi Classes is a better coaching institute for you. You can prepare for your exam by joining the online class of Major Kalshi classes today.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
To become a pilot in the Indian Air Force, one needs to pass the AFCAT, NDA, and CDS exams
A fighter pilot can also be made in the Indian Army. For this also you have to pass the examinations conducted by the Indian Army.
To become a pilot in the Indian Air Force, the minimum age of the candidate is 16.5 years in NDA and 19 years in CDS.
Read the above article for medical criteria in the Indian Air Force.
To become a pilot in the Indian Air Force, the candidate is required to get information regarding the NDA, CDS, AFCAT examinations.