INS Vikramaditya is an aircraft carrier commissioned in the Indian Navy on 16 November 2013. On 14 June 2014 PM of India formally inducted INS Vikramaditya into the Indian Navy dedicated it to the nation.
INS Vikramaditya is known as the saviour of the Indian ocean. Its homeport is INS Kadamba, Karwar. The motto of the INS Vikramaditya is ”Strike far, Strike Sure”. This is a bulky aircraft carrier in the Indian navy and can hold 36 aircraft at a time. Here we are going to mention the INS Vikramaditya specification.
INS Vikramaditya Specifications:-
|Class and type||Modified, Kiev-Aircraft Carrier|
|Displacement||45000 tons of loaded displacement|
|Length||284 meters (932 ft)|
|Beam||61 Meters (200ft)|
|Draught||10.2 Meters (33 ft)|
|Installed power||6 turbo-alternators and 6 diesel alternators which generate 18 Mwe|
|Propulsion||8 turbo-pressurized boilers, 4 shafts, 4 geared steam turbines, generating 180,000 horsepower (134,226 kW)|
|Range||13,500 nautical miles (25,000 km) at 18 knots (33 km/h)|
|Complement||110 officers and 1500 sailors|
|Long-range Air Surveillance Radars, LESORUB-E, Resistor-E radar complex, CCS MK II communication complex, and Link II tactical data system|
|Aircraft carried||Maximum of 36 aircraft including|
26- MIG-29k and
10 × Kamov Ka-31 AEW&C and Kamov Ka-28 ASW helicopters
|Motto||Strike far, Strike Sure|
|Commissioned||16 November 2013|
|Builder||Black Sea Shipyard, USSR, and Sevmash, Russia|
|Indian captain of Vikramaditya||Commodore Suraj Berry|
|Current Captain|| C R Praveen Nair|
Some Key ponits:-
1. This Aircraft carrier can be armed with a wide range of weapons, including anti-ship missiles, beyond visual range air-to-air missiles, guided bombs, and rockets.
2. This Aircraft Carrier has 22 decks and 2,500 compartments, of which 1,750 were completely re-built. It can carry more than 1,600 personnel, including crew. Sponsons are installed to increase the breadth of the flight deck.
3. The modernized Aircraft is also equipped with flight deck lighting systems, new AC plants, refrigeration plants, 14° sky jump, 30m wide arrester gears, three restraining gears, and two reverse osmosis plants for producing 400t of fresh water per day.
4. On 21 January 2017 State Bank of India installed an ATM machine on INS Vikramaditya, making it the first Indian Navy ship to have an ATM.
5. The latest CCS MK II communication complex onboard the Vikramaditya provides external communication. A Link II tactical data system is also installed to support network-centric operations.
6. INS Vikramaditya can operate two aircraft carriers simultaneously.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defence examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
For Online Course at MKC Learning App- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the INS Vikramaditya: Saviour of the Indian Ocean. If you guys want to serve the nation and want to clear the Defence examination, join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you.FOLLOW