Daily Current Affairs (3rd April 2018)
‘Thank You India’ campaign to be hosted by Tibetans in Delhi
Table of Contents
- Former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit will preside over the opening ceremony of the Cultural Festival of Tibet event, a part of the year-long ‘Thank You India’ campaign organised by the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA), in New Delhi.
- CTA President Lobsang Sangay will also attend the inaugural ceremony that will continue till April 4.
buy avanafil online https://clinicaorthodontics.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwentytwo/inc/patterns/new/avanafil.html no prescription
- Apart from the exhibitions, film screening and performances by the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts, the festival would also see panel discussion on “India and Tibet: Ancient Ties, Current Bonds”.
Delhi, first city to roll-out Euro VI fuel
Delhi-NCR region becomes the first city to supply ultra-clean Bharat Stage VI grade fuel (both petrol and diesel) aimed to combat the rising levels of air pollution
- This move makes New Delhi the first city in the country to switch from BS-IV grade fuels to BS-VI.
- Other cities which will also switch over to cleaner BS-VI grade fuel from January 1 next year are-like Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurugram and Faridabad along with 13 major cities, including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pune,
- BS- VI fuel will be rolled out in rest of the country by April 2020.
India is now the world’s largest almond importer
- India has emerged as the world’s largest consumer of Almond replacing China and Spain.
- Almond imports of India rose 7 per cent to worth about Rs 3,900 crore last year against Rs 3,640 crore in 2016.
buy amitriptyline online buy amitriptyline online no prescription
SIDBI launched “Samridhi” on its Foundation day
- SIDBI celebrated its foundation day on April 2 as day of Sampark (connect), Sanwad (interaction), Suraksha (security) and Sampreshan (disseminate).
- the day, a ‘Bankability Kit’ (brought in partnership with Bank of Baroda and IDBI Bank) was also launched.
Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan-launched
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA), a convergent framework across School Education and Higher Education aiming to encourage children towards learning Science and Mathematics.One of the interventions under RAA is strengthening of school Science and Mathematics laboratories, through the Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA).
- Under RMSA, an amount of Rs. 179.73 crore has been approved in 2017-18, for in-service training of science and maths teachers.
buy augmentin online buy buy augmentin no prescription
Canadian Pharmacy https://royalcitydrugs.com/ no prescription
Debjani Ghosh appointed as Nasscom President
- Nasscom said that former Intel executive Debjani Ghosh has taken over as the President of the IT industry association.
- She will succeed R Chandrashekhar, who is leaving office upon the completion of his term.
Mangaluru Airport Adjudged India’s Cleanest
- The Mangalore International Airport has been adjudged the cleanest airport in the country.
- In the survey conducted across 53 airports in the country by AAI, Mangaluru airport was adjudged the cleanest.
buy xenical online https://clinicaorthodontics.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwentytwo/inc/patterns/new/xenical.html no prescription
- Airport director VV Rao received the award during the 23rd annual day celebrations of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) in New Delhi.
President receives copy of special issue of ‘Think India’ journal on Deen Dayal Upadhyay
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, received a copy of a special issue of the ‘Think India’ journal, devoted to the late philosopher-politician Deendayal Upadhyay, at Rashtrapati Bhavan today.
- The copy was given to the President by Dr Murli Manohar Joshi, MP, in the presence of Shri D P Tripathi, MP, and editor of the special issue.
canadian pharmacy gaetzpharmacy.com no prescription
Six monuments in North Eastern States identified for listing under World Heritage Site
6 monuments/historical sites in the North Eastern states have been identified tentatively for listing under World Heritage Site.
These monuments/Sites are listed below-
- Apatani Cultural Landscape, Arunachal Pradesh
- Iconic Saree Weaving Clusters of India
- Moidams – the Mound – Burial System of the Ahom Dynasty, Assam
- Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh
- Majuli River Isand in midstream of Brahmaputra River in Assam
- Thembang Fortified Village, Arunachal Pradesh