Combined Defence Services is one of the renowned examination if someone wants to join Indian Armed Forces which is conducted by UPSC twice in an year which generally takes place in Feb & Oct. It gives opportunity to join Army, Air Force & Navy. Men can apply for Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy & Naval Academy & Officers Training Academy while women can apply for Officers Training Academy only.
Let’s have a look on some basic requirement of the examination-
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
Table of Contents
(i) For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy— Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1994 and not later than 01st July, 1998
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy— (SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
(v) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999.
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- FEE- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- HOW TO APPLY- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the abovementioned website.
- DATE OF NOTIFICATION-9th Aug 2017
- Last date to fill the form-8th Sep 2017
- Examination Date-19th Nov 2017
2. WRITTEN EXAMINATION-
Written exam is of objective type OMR based which comprises of following subjects-
2. SSB INTERVIEW
Click here for detailed notification- www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Click here for CDS coaching- www.majorkalshiclasses.com
Stay connected to majorKalshi Classes blog for latest updates and results.