In order to join the Indian Air force, there are many entries for the candidates to join the Service. Here in this article, I will share with you the complete details about the AFCAT Exam and what are the branches that one can get in the service. Our Main Focus is to tell you the AFCAT Flying branch Eligibility and AFCAT Flying Branch Medical etc. To get complete information about the AFCAT (Air force Common Admission Test) medical Examination, check the complete article below. I have given complete information regarding its selection and stages of exams that one has to clear to join the flying branch of the Indian Air force.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
AFCAT Flying branch Eligibility Criteria and Medical Standard:
The AFCAT (Air force Common Admission Test) is conducted for the selection of the candidates into the following branches of the Indian Air force.
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty Branch
There are no special Exams for these branches, You just have to clear the AFCAT Written Examination and you have an option to choose any branch of the Indian Air force. The Eligibility Criteria is the same to appear for the AFCAT Written Examination but you join the Flying Branch of the Indian Air force. The Eligibility Criteria is may different for the flying branch of the Indian Air force.
Eligibility Criteria for Flying Branch of Indian Air force:
To be Pilot or Fighter Pilot in the Indian Air force, You must match with these Following Eligibility Criteria. You can check in the bulletin below:
- To join the Flying Branch of IAF through the AFCAT Examination. A candidate must have done graduation.
- If the Candidate is in final year of graduation can also appear for the examination.
- A candidate must have physics and Mathematics in class 12th.
- Age Limit: The Age of the candidate must be between 19 years old to 24 years old.
- The Age of the candidate should not be more than 24 years old and it should not be less than 19 years old.
The Age limit for the other two branches of the Indian Air force, Technical Branch and Ground duty officers branch. The Age limit is 19 years old to 26 years old.
The Medical Examination is always very strict in Indian Armed forces. The Medical of the flying branch either it is for the Indian Air force or Indian Navy or Indian Army. The Medical Examination is very tough and get check very strictly. Here are the medical Examination details of the Flying Branch of Indian Air force.
AFCAT Flying Branch Medical Examination:
The Medical Examination is a bit different for the Flying branch of the Indian Air force. Here I have given complete details about the AFCAT Flying Branch Medical:
Eyesight required for AFCAT:
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be worse than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for color perception I
- Should not have color blindness or night blindness.
- For the flying branch your eyesight must be 6/6 there is no relaxation for that.
- Eye correction surgery is allowed in the Indian Air Force but there are some criteria for that:-
- Surgery should be done only once. If the candidate has had 2nd surgery in order to correct their vision, the candidate will be permanently rejected.
- Surgery should be done after the age of 20 years old. If a candidate’s surgery is done before the 20s, he will be permanently rejected.
- And the surgery your vision should be correct.
- You must have healthy eyes.
Dental check-up of AFCAT:
- This is very normal tests only a few get rejection in this, if you have full-grown set teeth, then you are fine.
Body measurements required for AFCAT:
- Here you will be asked to take off your clothes an examiner will check your External body from bottom to top, will also ask about the marks on your body, if you are having so.
- You should have Standard body weight as per your height.
- Your body should not carry any genetic disease like gynecomastia, joint knees, color blindness or night blindness.
- Your chest should be well developed with a 5cm minimum expansion.
- Your elbow should not be turned in outer direction for more than 15 degrees.
- Your joint and your bones should be completly fine.
- Any severe body fracture in any body part can cause permanent rejection.
Once you complete this all, now you have to go to the internal body checks.
- Chest X-ray for your lungs.
- Ultrasound for kidney stones.
- The liver problem will be checked
- Blood test
- Urine test
If they find any minor problem in your internal body check, Board will give you time to correct it.
Physical fitness required for AFCAT
- Your height should not less than 157 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length: Min – 99 cms. Max – 120 cms.Thigh Length: Max – 64 cms, Sitting Height: Min – 81.5 cms.Max – 96 cms.
- For women, it should not be less than 152cms.
- When you go for the interview SSB or AFSB there is GTO which is ground task activity. They check your capability on the ground, so there is any kind of physical will be done. While your medicals.
If any case you get a rejection from the Medical Board you can re-apply for that. And if they reject you again you can again re-apply. if they reject you, they will give a proper reason for that. And there are two types of rejection
- Temporary Rejection
- Permanent Rejection.
If you get permanent rejection they are no way to go back, you re-apply for your medicals then too the result would be the same. If you have any minor problem you will be given time correct this like 45 days, 90 days, maximum 160 days only. If you are defense aspirants, want to be a warrior make sure that you are fit enough to join the service.
You can Avail our Service:-
For purchasing any books for defense examination- Click Here
For Joining Test Series- Click Here
Visit our YouTube Channel For Free Education:- Click Here
This is all about the AFCAT Flying branch Eligibility Criteria and Medical Standard. If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Major Kalshi Classes, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9696220022 and 9696330033 or go to our official website www.majorkalshiclasses.com. Thank you. AFCAT eligibility and medical.FOLLOW