A Career in Defence After 12th – Know Various Defence Exam And Eligibility
After the 12th, you have an option to join the Indian Army, Indian Air force or Indian Navy etc. There are mainly two ways for each force to join the service. But all the exams and entries have different eligibility and age limit. Some of the entries are direct, you will not have to appear for the Written Test, you will be directly called for the SSB Interview. Now let’s see all the entries by which you can become an officer in the Indian Armed forces. Here are the names of the Entries by which you can join the Indian Armed forces after your 12th.
List of Career Options in Defence after the 12th
A career in Defence After 12th: There is a total of five entries in the Defence after 12th by which you can join the Indian Armed forces as an officer or a Non-Commissioned Officer etc.
- National Defense Academy (NDA) Entry
- Indian Air force X and Y group Airmen Entry
- Navy B.tech Entry after 12th
- Indian Navy Sailor’s Entry after 12th
- Army TES entry after 12th
- Indian Army Military Nursing Service (MNS)
Now let’s see the selection process and required eligibility Criteria for the following entries.
National Defense Academy – NDA Entry
You can appear for this examination right after your 12th. let’s see the selection Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit and Exam Pattern of this examination.
|Name of Exam||National Defence Academy (NDA)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Periodicity||Twice a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Rounds||3 Stages (Written + SSB + Medical)|
|Who can Apply?||Both Boys and Girls|
|Available Seats||400 Approx|
|Job Location||Across India|
Selection procedure of NDA
- Written exam (conducted by UPSC)
- SSB Interview
- Medical test
Eligibility criteria of NDA | Educational qualification for the NDA:
- Candidate must have physics and mathematics in 10+2.
- If you are in class 12th. Then too you can apply.
- Candidate must have 60% marks in PCM in 12th board.
Age Limit for the NDA:
- The age of the candidates must be between 16.5 to 19 yrs old.
- There is no relaxation has been given to any caste or religion.
- The age limit is the same for all the categories.
Indian Air force X and Y Group Entry
A career in Defence After 12th: The Selection Process of the candidate would be in four Phases and it is mandatory to clear each phase:
- Online test
- Physical test.
- Medical Test
- AIR (All India Rank) etc
The Eligibility for each X and Y group is different because the X group is for the Technical group and Y is for the Non- technical group. I have given the Eligibility details of each group individual:
Group X (Except Education Instructor Trade):
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English from any recognized board. or
- Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream.
Group Y (Except Automobile Technician) Trades:
- The Candidate must have Passed Intermediate in any stream/subjects approved by Central/ State Education Boards with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must have 50% marks in English.
Indian Navy B.tech Entry after 12th
There are three phases of selection to join the Navy B.tech Entry Course. One will need to clear:
- Shortlisting of the candidates on the basis of marks scored in class JEE mains.
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination etc.
- Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII)
- Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) – 2021 (for B.E/ B. Tech) exam.
- Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main) All India Common Rank List (CRL) – 2021 published by NTA.
Indian Navy AA/SSR Entry
A career in Defence After 12th: This entry is basically for the sailors and A candidate can join the Technical and non-technical branches of the Indian Navy as a Sailor. The Selection will be done in three phases:
- Computer-based test
- Physical test
- Medical test
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- For the SSR, Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- For the AA, candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 55% marks.
- The candidate’s age should be between 17 to 20 on the day of enrollment.
Indian Army TES Entry after 12th
If you are interested in the Techincal Field of the Indian Army, You can apply for this entry. To apply for this, you must match the following criteria of the Indian Army.
Selection Procedure of TES
- Candidates would be selected on the basis of merit.
- Merit would be made on the basis of your class 12th mark sheet.
- After the submission of the application, the Indian Army team will declare the cut-off according to your 12th mark scored on the boards.
- A candidate also must have appeared for JEE mains exam.
- Shortlisted candidates will be detailed to undergo SSB interviews.
- The final merit list will be displayed on the Directorate General of Recruiting website.
Let’s discuss the details of this vacancy and its eligibility criteria, educational qualification and physical fitness.
Educational qualifications required in TES:
- Only those candidates can apply who is having physics, chemistry, and mathematics at 10+2 level. With a minimum of 70% marks.
- The eligibility condition for calculating the PCM percentage of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
Age Limit for TES:
- The age limit for this vacancy is similar to the NDA exams.
- The candidate’s age should not be less than 16.5yrs and should not be more than 19.5yrs old.
MNS+NEET Entry (Only for Females)
- Only Female Candidates that are unmarried/divorcees/ legally separated/ a widow without encumbrances can apply.
- Nationality – Citizen of India
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the FIRST ATTEMPT, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology), and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory/ Recognized Board/ University/Examining Body
- Physical Standards: Minimum Height is 152 cm. Candidates from Hill and Northeastern States will be accepted with a minimum height of 147 cm.
A career in Defence After 12th: These are the following entries in the Defense after 12th. All the candidates who have passed class 12th with Science can apply for the following vacancies. These are the best ways to join Army, Airforce and Navy after the 12th.
Latest News Updates:
A career in Defence After 12th FAQs
Q. How do join the Navy after the 12th?
Ans. To become an Officer in the Indian Army after the 12th, You can appear for NDA Entry or Army TES 10+2 entry etc.
NDA is the finest way to enter in defence. You can directly become an officer in the Indian Navy, Indian Army or Indian Air force etc through the NDA entry.