The Airforce Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted for the induction of candidates in the Indian Air Force. The AFCAT exams are held twice every year for recruitments of candidates in Airforce Flying branch, Technical branch and Ground Duty. The AFCAT Syllabus 2019 and EKT Syllabus 2019 are discussed below.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019 contains four sections
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test
Points to remember –
- Duration of the exam will be of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The total number of questions asked in AFCAT 2019 will be 100.
- There will be 4 sections in the exam namely- General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +3 marks and negative marking will be applicable.
- AFCAT Syllabus 2019 will be based on class 12th level knowledge.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019 – General Awareness: The topics covered in General Awareness are History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019 – Verbal Ability in English: The Verbal Ability in English includes Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019 – Numerical Ability – This section includes Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019 – Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – This section will include Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
EKT Syllabus 2019 (Technical Branch):
EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test): The purpose of this examination to test the basic knowledge of engineering required for the technical branch. The Technical branch will include a course in Aeronautical Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical). Overall, 75 Objective type questions will be asked in the examination and the time duration is 01 hour.
The EKT Syllabus 2019 includes two parts –
- General Engineering – There are 40 questions asked in this section and the subjects covered in General Engineering are Modern Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering and
- Specialist Paper for each Engineering discipline (35 questions) – Computer and Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)
AFCAT EKT Exam 2019
After successful submission of online application, candidates will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch).
- The EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted instantly after AFCAT.
- The duration of AFCAT 2019 Exam will be 2 Hours and EKT exam will be for 45 mins.
Candidates who have cleared the AFCAT exam 2018 will only be called for SSB interview process, also known as AFSB interview. AFSB stands for air force selection board, located at Mysore, Dehradun, Varanasi and Gandhinagar.
How and what is required in the process of AFCAT EKT
The Selection of candidates will be based on their score in Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (applicable to technical posts only) & Air Force Common Admission Test 2017.
- After qualifying AFCAT & EKT, selected candidates will be called for Medical Test, Intelligence Test, Group Test, Psychological Test and Interview Test round organized by Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs).
- All of applicants of Flying Branch should to attempt for Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS), Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).
- AFCAT Exam will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.
- Candidates who are opting for ground duty (technical) branch has to pass both AFCAT and EKT.
EKT Syllabus 2019
Please find below the detailed topic wise EKT Syllabus with exam pattern. Aspirants can make use of the provided contents for their practice and try to score best marks in going to appear exam.
EKT SYLLABUS 2019 FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING:
- Fundamental Engineering: Topics covered are Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Engineering Drawing.
- Specialization Branch Topics: Analogy and Digital Electronics, Electronic Devices, Computer Networks, Network Theory Design, Switching Theory, Information Technology.
- Allied Engineering: The subjects covered are Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Telecommunication Systems, Microwave Engineering, Antenna and Wave Propagation, Radar Theory, Instrumentation.
EKT SYLLABUS 2019 FOR ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING:
- Fundamental Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Engineering Drawing.
- Specialization Branch Topics: Analog and Digital Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Devices, Control Engineering, Telecommunication Systems, Microwave Engineering, Antenna and Wave Propagation.
- Allied Engineering Topics: Instrumentation, Computer Networks, Network Theory Design, Switching Theory, Information Technology, Radar Theory.
EKT SYLLABUS 2019 FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING:
- Fundamental Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing.
- Specialization Branch Topics: Engineering Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Theory of Machines, Fluid mechanics/Hydraulic Machines, Manufacturing Science, Materials Science, Machine Drawing.
- Allied Engineering: Automotive Engineering, Power Plant Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Structures, Aerodynamics.
We hope that this blog provides you with all the required details about the AFCAT EKT Syllabus 2019. If you are a candidate preparing for Defence Forces, avail the Best Books or Study Material from MKC Publications. For further inquiry, feel free to call us on +91 9696330033/9696220022 or
Visit us via:
- Our Official website
- Or at Shapath Building, 105/244, Tagore Town, Allahabad – 211002
To get detailed information on Notifications, Syllabus, Tips and Tricks, Admit Card Dates, Result, Cut off, Trend Analysis, Information about Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination and Current Affairs, simply Visit Our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to share your thoughts about this blog in the comment section given belowFOLLOW