Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the admission exam for the post of Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Force for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). Most likely, the application form for UPSC CAPF exam 2019 will be available in the month of May 2019. Candidates need to fulfill the required eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSC CAPF AC exam. The conducting commission will organize the CAPF AC 2019 exam once in a year on 18th August 2019. Candidates can find the online application form for UPSC CAPF exam 2019 from 24th April 2019. Read below for more details on UPSC CAPF 2019: Notifications, Important Dates, Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Vacancies and more.
UPSC CAPF 2019 Important Dates –
|Name of the Events||Dates Assigned|
|Release date of CAPF official notification||24th April 2019|
|Date for CAPF application form submission (Prelims)||24th April 2019|
|Last date to submit the online application form (Prelims)||20th May 2019|
|Admit Card of the Written Exam||July 2019|
|CAPF Examination date||18th August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria –
- All Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the UPSC CAPF 2019.
- Candidate must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university or Institute.
- A candidate must be 20 years old and must not have attained the age of 25 on 1st August
- Candidates of the reserved category will get relaxation in the upper age.
- The age relaxation in the upper age will be of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for the SC and ST candidates.
- Candidates must fulfill the set Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces.
Application Form –
- The UPSC CAPF application form will be available on the official website of UPSC.
- The official website of UPSC is ‘www.upsc.gov.in’.
- The application process of UPSC CAPF will be completed in 2 parts i.e. Part A, & Part B.
- The part-A is online registration process in which candidates have to register themselves for the exam.
- On successful registration, Registration ID and password will be generated.
- In the Second part of application process, the applicants will have to login with Registration ID and Password i.e., Date of Birth and then proceed to fill the details in application form.
- Candidates need to provide all the details correctly in the CAPF application form.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee as well at the time of the submission of the application form.
- The application feewill be of 200/‐ which must be paid by the candidates through the Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
Admit Card –
The admit card of CAPF 2019 is released separately for the written exam, PST/PET and medical standards and interview. The admit card of written exam will be released in July 2019. Candidates can download the admit card by entering their registration ID/roll number, date of birth and security code displayed on the screen. As per CAPF 2019 notification the admit card will be released only for those candidates who successfully fill the application form.
Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence: Under this section, following six topics will be covered:
- General Science: General awareness of science, scientific temper, knowledge and importance of scientific experiments of everyday observation including new areas of importance like IT, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science.
- General Mental Ability: It contains questions from the logical reasoning, numerical ability, quantitative aptitude, and data interpretation ability.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will be designed in this section to test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international level the fields of governance, business, globalization, industry, culture, sports, arts, sports, literature, and music.
- History of India: This part covers the questions from social, economic and political aspects. It will also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian Polity and Economy: In this section, candidates’ knowledge about Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social life and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions will include topics from physical, social and economic aspects of geography related to India and the World.
Paper II – Syllabus for General Studies, Essay and Comprehension:
- Part-A: It consists of Essay questions which are to be answered in long description form either in English or Hindi totaling 80 Marks. The problem-solving topics are related to modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, Indian Politics and Economy, social security and human rights, geography, issues and analytical ability.
- Part-B: Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language.
Result for UPSC CAPF 2019 written exam will be announced most likely in the month of August 2019- September 2019. After the announcement of result, a Merit list will be declared on the basis of UPSC CAPF 2019 Written Exam and Interview. Candidates can check their result from the official website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in by entering their Roll no. or registration number. The Result will be uploaded in PDF file containing the details like Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Category and Marks obtained of the qualified candidates.
Selection process –
Candidates who successfully qualified in the written exam will be invited for next round i.e. Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test. The selected candidate who qualified these rounds will be considered eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandant. Candidates must bring original documents related to academic qualification, category, residential proof, and scorecard etc. for the verification.
|Force||Number of Vacancies|
Major Kalshi Classes is the oldest and largest armed force preparatory institute which was established in 2008 under the leadership of Mr. Saurabh Singh & Smt. Rekha Singh. This institution is considered as the temple of education and is known for its focused and organised teaching methodology. It has now more than 10 years of experience in successfully coaching candidates to be commissioned into the Indian Armed Forces. It is a very well known fact that every tenth officer in the Indian Armed Forces has been a student of Major Kalshi Classes PVT. LTD.
We have our own publication that makes books regarding NDA and many other defence examinations. Students can order them online at our publication website. These books are made by experienced and highly acclaimed mentors present in our campus and are regularly updated with the latest trend analysis.
Official Website – upsc.gov.in
Also, visit our blog website to stay connected with the latest happenings of the defence world.
To Practice for Various Defence Exams Online, Visit www.mkconlinetestseries.in