THE INDIAN NAVY
INVITES ONLINE APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES FOR ENROLLMENT
AS SAILORS FOR SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUITS (SSR) – FEB 2019 BATCH
COURSE COMMENCING FEBRUARY 2019
|Last Date of Apply||15-06-2018|
|Admit Card released||August 2018|
|Exam Date||September/ October|
- Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Feb 2019
- Educational Qualification. Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects: – Chemistry/Biology/Computer science from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India
- Age. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in
(2) Physical Fitness Test (PFT)-PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own
ADVISORY: Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against his findings if they so desire at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Note: – Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note: – Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Tattoos.-Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
HOW TO APPLY
For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on website joinindiannavy.gov.in from 02 Jun 18 to 15 Jun 18.
The procedure is as follows:-
- Applicants need to register with joinindiannavy.gov.in with a valid and active E-mail ID and mobile number in order to fill online application for the said entry. Already registered candidates, personal, education and communication particulars need to be update. Otherwise, the candidate will not be able to view online application in the “Current Opportunity”.
- There are two ways of registration (i) With Aadhaar (ii) Without Aadhaar. Candidates can use with Aadhaar option for simplified application
- Log–in with the registered E-mail Id and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√)
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and
- Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any
- Photograph. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Size of the photograph should be between 60-100 KB.
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION – 15 JUN 2018