Technical Entry Scheme – 39 for batch commencing 2nd July 2018 merit list has been announced by the Indian Army. Selected candidates will be trained at Officers Training Academy, Gaya for five years.
Reporting date is 30th June 2018.
The merit list is attached below.
Heartiest congratulations to the selected candidates from Major Kalshi Classes for completing all the stages of selection.
Stages that followed after form submission are given under:
- nic.in forwarded received applications to respective Command Headquarters.
- They (Command Headquarters) provisionally recommended applicants. Short listing of applicants was done on the basis of cut off percentage. Though it has not been declared by the Army, but the cut off normally is above 80 percent.
- Services Selection Board (SSB) conducted SSB interviews at selection centers for shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates went through a two stage selection procedure to get finally selected.
Interview was held at various Selection Centers, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call Letter for SSB interview was sent to candidates through SMS and was also sent to their registered e-mail id. Allotment of Selection Centre was at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, and generally a candidate does not get a center in his city and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
Clearing the SSB interview procedure did not mean that one has been selected. Indian Army has prepared a Merit List on the basis of SSB interview marks. Additional educational qualifications, work experience or NCC background dint play any role in the preparation of Merit List. This was done to fill total 90 vacancies.
The training schedule is as under:
- Basic Military Training: 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training:
- Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad),
- (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
- Award of Degree: The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of training. No ante date seniority will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing engineering degree examination. If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.