Indian Army has released notification for Technical Entry Scheme which grants permanent commission in the technical branches of Indian Army. Applications are invited from unmarried Male Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Hereinafter referred to as PCM) subjects and fulfill the eligibility conditions prescribed in the subsequent paragraphs, for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army after 4 years of Basic Military Training and Technical Training thereafter with the terms and conditions given in the succeeding paragraphs.
|Apply online from||16th May 2018|
|Last date to apply online||14th June 2018|
|Commencement of training||January 2018|
A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB/joining training.
A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing i.e. the candidate should not be born before 01 Jul 1999 and not after 01 Jul 2002 (both days inclusive). The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving certificate or in the certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificate mentioned above
Note 1-The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving certificate or in the certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificate mentioned above.
Note 2-Candidate should note only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 3-Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently or a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
Note 4-Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM % of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
90 Vacancies are provisional and can be changed depending on the training capacity at the training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.
TYPE OF COMMISSION:
On successful completion of 4 years of the course cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
Total training will be 5 years, Details are given below:
(a) Basic Military Training: 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
(b) Technical Training: (i) Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
(c) Award of Degree: The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of training .No ante date seniority will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing Engineering degree examination. If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
TES-40 SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on cut % applied as decided by the Indian Army Recruiting Directorate.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via e-mail /SMS regarding their Selection Centre allotment.
- Once Selection Centre has been allotted, candidates will select their SSB dates on first cum first serve basis by logging on to respective Selection Centre links forwarded via e-mail.
- Short listed candidates will be put through Services Selection Board (SSB) interview at Kapurthala, Bhopal, Bengaluru or Allahabad.
- Duration of SSB interview is five days. During their stay at SSB, Candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Tests and an Interview.
- Candidates will be put through stage – I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage – I, will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are psychologically originated tests including intelligence test.
- Successful candidates at the SSB will be required to undergo medical tests lasting 3 to 5 days less Sundays and gazetted holidays.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds/Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under Al 53/78.
- Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC III tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
STIPEND / PAY AND ALLOWANCES
The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training. On completion of 4 Years training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. (a) The Pay Bands, Grade Pay and Military service Pay are as under:-
HOW TO APPLY:
- Application will only be accepted online. To do so the candidate needs to click on the “online application” button on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Candidates must enter their particulars in the online application. Terms and conditions linked to the form must be read, prior to submitting the form.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgement with a Roll number will be provided to the candidate. If the system does not generate Roll Number, it is an indication of non acceptance of application by the system.
- After submitting online application, candidates are required to obtain two copies of the application printout and the Roll Number generated by the system. One copy of the print out application duly Signed by the candidate will be carried to the selection centre for the SSB interview.
- Following documents will be carried along with the Application Form:-
- Class 10th certificate / mark sheet showing DOB in original.
- Class 12th certificate / mark sheet in original.
- ID proof in original
- Two self attested photocopies of the above mentioned certificates will be submitted at the time of SSB interview and originals will be returned after verification at the SSB itself.
- 20 copies of self attested PP size photograph will also be carried along with the Application Form.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Rtg / Rtg Dte.
- Candidates must submit only one application; Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
For more information and assistance kindly get in touch via following sources-
Toll Free- 1800 313 2004