51ST SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (TECH) MEN AND 22ND SHORT SERVICE COMMISION (TECH) WOMEN COURSE (OCT 2018)
(INCLUDING WIDOWS OF DEFENCE PERSONNEL FOR NON TECH (NON-UPSC) ENTRY)
(LAST DATE TO APPLY ONLINE IS 17TH FEBRUARY 2018)
Applications are invited from unmarried MALE and FEMALE Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course shall be commencing in Oct 2018 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
(A) NATIONALITY : –
A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(B) AGE LIMIT: –
|SSC (T)-51 Men||20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2018 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 1991 and 01 Oct 1998) (both dates inclusive).|
|SSC(T)-20 Women||20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2018 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 1991 and 01 Oct 1998) (both dates inclusive).|
|SSCW(Non Tech)(Non UPSC)- For Widows of Defence Personnel only||A maximum of 35 Years of age as on 1st Oct 2018|
NOTE-1: The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
NOTE -2: No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(C) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION-
|SSC (T)-51 Men||Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of engineering course are eligible to apply.|
|SSC(T)-20 Women||Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of engineering course are eligible to apply.|
|SSCW(Non Tech)(Non UPSC)- For Widows of Defence Personnel only||Graduation in any discipline|
|ENTRY||NO. OF VACANCIES|
|SSC (T)-51 Men||175|
|SSCW(Non Tech)(Non UPSC)- For Widows of Defence Personnel only||02|
NOTE- Vacancies are distributed among various branches of engineering.
(E) HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
- Click on ‘Officers Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Then click on ‘Submit now’ only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in.
- After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the system.
NOTE: Details once submitted will NOT be changed under any circumstances and NO representation in this regard shall be entertained
(F) SELECTION PROCEDURE:
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short listing of Applications-Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each engineering discipline without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued only through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to log in on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in using their username and password and select the SSB dates as available on the website.
- Interviews will be held from Apr/May 2018 onwards.
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of RtgDte joinindianarmy.nic.in
(G) PHYSICAL STANDARD:
- Height & Weight: The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers.
- Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone.
- However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB) will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board. The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidates.
- Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge finding of AMB.
- Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is NOT a right.
- Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Click here for official notification-http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/alpha/writereaddata/Portal/NotificationPDF/SSC_TECH_MEN_51_AND_SSCW_TECH_22_COURSE_NOTIFICATION.pdf
Click here to apply online-http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/index.htm
For more information visit-www.majorkalshiclasses.com or call-9696330033