We are very excited to notify all of our loyal readers that the online application process of Recruitment of SSC Constable (GD) 2018 will start tomorrow i.e. 17-08-18. This article will focus on the latest updated information regarding SSC GD notification, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and a detailed view on the total number of vacancies along with Physical and Medical Standards required for the exam.
SSC GD (Constables) 2018 Exam will be conducted to recruit candidates for the General Duty post of BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, etc. There are a total number of 54953 vacancies which can be applied through the newly formed official SSC website, i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
The process of submitting applications for SSC GD Examination consists of the following two parts:
(I) One-Time Registration (II) Filling of online Application Form
SSC GD ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2018 –
Candidates who are willing to apply for the post of SSC GD Exam 2018 must be either-
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification: The Candidates must have a 10th class or 12th class passed certificate equivalent from a recognized board/university.
Age Limit: The age limit of the Candidate should be in between 18 to 23 years in order to be eligible for SSC GD 2018 Exam. Age relaxation is given to candidates belonging to reserved categories as per the government rules.
|S. No.||Category||Age Limit|
|3.||Ex- Servicemen (GEN)||26 years|
|4.||Ex- Servicemen (OBC)||29 years|
|5.||Ex- Servicemen (SC/ST)||31 years|
|6.||Residing in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (GEN).||28 years|
|7.||Residing in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (OBC).||31 years|
|8.||Residing in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (SC/ST).||28 years|
|9.||Children of victims killed in the Sikh 1984 riots OR Communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (GEN)||28 years|
|10.||Children of victims killed in the Sikh 1984 riots OR Communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||31 years|
|11.||Children of victims killed in the Sikh 1984 riots OR Communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||31 years
- Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- The personnel of Central Para Military Forces is not eligible to apply under Ex-Servicemen category.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age eligibility.
SSC GD EXAM PATTERN 2018 –
SSC GD Exam will be conducted in three phases. If the candidate qualifies all the three phases, he/she will be eligible for posts like Constable General Duty in BSF, SSB, CRPF, NIA, CISF, SSF, ITBP, and Rifleman in Assam Rifles. These phases are mentioned below:
- Written Exam (Objective type)
- Physical Standard Test/ Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Test
For Written Examination: The written test will be objective, constituting of 4 sections. There will be 25 Questions asked in each of the sections, carrying 1 mark each. The negative marking is also present, that is 0.25 marks will be deducted when a question is attempted wrong.
|Part||Subject||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||
2 Hours/ 120 Minutes (Total)
|B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
- All questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- The Written Exam will be Computer Based and will be conducted in both English and Hindi.
- Questions having difficulty of class 10th will be asked in the Exam.
For Physical Standard Test/ Physical Efficiency Test: All candidates will have to undergo physical endurance & measurement test. The Physical test doesn’t carry any marks but it is very crucial for the candidate to clear it.
SSC GD Physical Standard Test (PST) for Candidates:
The physical standards of SSC GD Constables as per the SSC GD notification are as follows:
|Height||170 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||Unexpanded – 80cm
Expanded – 5 cm
|Weight||Proportionate to height as per medical standards||Proportionate to height as per medical standards|
SSC GD Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for Candidates:
For Physical Efficiency Test, candidates will have to participate in race.
|All Over India||5 Km in 24 Minutes||1.6 Km in 8 Minutes|
|Ladakh Region||1.6 KM in 6 Minutes||800 M in 4 Minutes|
If the candidate qualifies in the race event then only he/she will be eligible to appear in the long jump and high jump events.
- The Staff Selection Commission will give the candidate only three chances to qualify in long Jump and high jump events.
- Candidates couldn’t appeal against disqualification in race, long jump & high jump; however, the candidate may appeal against height and chest measurement on the same day of PE & MT before the Appellate Board.
- There shall be no chest measurement for Female candidates under SSC GD Physical Test. The candidature of female candidates who are pregnant at the time of PE & MT will be rejected as they cannot undergo the test. No appeal/ representation will be entertained against such rejection.
- If the candidate uses drugs then he/she will be disqualified from SSC GD Physical Endurance and Measurement test.
For Medical Test: The official SSC GD notification states that in SSC GD Medical Test, candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in their eyes. They must be in good mental and physical health. Candidates, who found fit after passing all the level of the medical test will be again tested for X-Ray & Blood Test etc.
Conditions while Checking Eye Sight:
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Refraction|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual Correction of any kind is not permitted by glasses.|
SSC GD SYLLABUS 2018 –
Information of the Syllabus will help the Candidate to build a tight schedule of the Written Examination as it will eventually help it to crack the SSC GD.
For General Intelligence and Reasoning-
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning and Figural Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Coding and Decoding
For General Knowledge and General Awareness-
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
For Elementary Mathematics-
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
For English Comprehension-
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप
- शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग
- बहुवचन, किसी वाक्य को अन्य लिंग में परिवर्तन
- मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ
- अशुद्ध वाक्यों के शुद्ध रूप
- विलोमार्थी शब्द
- समानार्थी व पर्यायवाची शब्द
- अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द
- कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां के अर्थ
- संधि विच्छेद
- क्रिया से भाववाचक संज्ञा बनाना
- रचना एवं रचयिता
SSC GD VACANCY 2018-
- For male candidates-
- For female candidates-
It is reiterated that last date for submission of online applications would be 17.09.2018 (5 PM). As the new website of the Commission may take some time to stabilize, for initial few days, to minimise the inconvenience to candidates, applicants are advised to also utilize off-time or non-peak hours of 10 PM to 8 AM for making One-Time Registration and filling of online Application Forms.
We hope that this detailed article on SSC GD Constable Syllabus helps all of our readers in their preparation. Mastering these important topics of SSC GD Constable Syllabus will ensure the aspirants to score high in the SSC GD Exam 2018. Going through the SSC GD Constable Question papers from previous years will always give an idea about the level of the exam.