Applications are invited from eligible MALE candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officers for RRT 85 & 86 courses.
a) Age Limit-
(i) Civilian Candidates. 27 to 34 years of age as on 01 Oct 2018 (i.e. Candidates born between 01 Oct 1984 and 30 Sep 1991 inclusive of both dates).
(ii) Serving Combatants on Remusteration. 25 to 34 years of age as on 01 Oct 2018 (i.e. Candidates born between 01 Oct 1984 and 30 Sep 1993 inclusive of both dates).
(b) Educational Qualification-
The minimum educational qualification for appointment to Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition to this they must also possess following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual:-
- Hindu candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Sikh candidates with Vidwan in Punjabi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Punjabi as one of the elective (main) subjects but have not done Vidwan in Punjabi.
- Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment. Hindu (Gorkha) candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the Nepali Language. OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Christian candidates who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Muslim candidates with MaulviAlim in Arabic, AdibAlim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective (Main) subject but who have not done MaulviAlim in Arabic/AdibAlim in Urdu.
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts. Muslim Shia Ladakh candidates with MaulviAlim in Arabic, AdibAlim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective (Main) subject but who have not done MaulviAlim in Arabic/AdibAlim in Urdu.
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana). Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
Note: – For service candidates applying for remustering the minimum qualification will be 10+2.
A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
Written Examination and Interview.
Screened candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 25 Feb 2018 and will comprise of two papers as follows:-
PAPER- I (Maximum Marks – 100). This paper will contain objective type questions on general awareness and will be common to candidates of all religious denominations. Pass marks 40%.
Note: – Paper-I is a qualifying exam only. Only candidates scoring min 40% marks in Paper-I will qualify for appearing in Paper –II. Marks not counted while preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
PAPER- II (Maximum Marks – 100). This paper will contain objective questions to check the knowledge specific to particular religious denominations to which the candidate belongs.
- In Paper-II candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40 marks out of total 100 marks and come in the merit list to be eligible for appearing in the interview. The number of candidates to be called for interview will be approx 2 to 3 times the number of vacancies. Only those candidates who come in the merit will be interviewed by a board of officers at 1 ASC Trg Centre, Bangalore and 39 GTC, Varanasi as applicable.
- The names of candidates declared successful in the written examination and short listed for interview will be put on Rtg Dte website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by 30 Mar 2018.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum 50 out of 100 marks to qualify in the interview.
- The final selection will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper-II and Interview.
- Candidates finally selected will be enrolled as JCO (RT) and will undergo six weeks training at BEG and Centre, Kirkee followed by eleven week training at Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune.
- Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.
How to Apply-
(a) The recruitment will be carried out through all the Headquarters Recruiting Zones, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt), GRD Kunraghat, Ladakh Scouts Regt Centre (Leh).
(b) Civil candidates must apply to the concerned HQ Recruiting Zone/IRO Delhi Cantt of which the individual is a permanent native/resident. Service candidates will apply to the nearest HQ Recruiting Zone of their place of posting.
(c) Civil Candidates can appear for screening and written exam only in the HQ Rtg Zone covering their place of domicile. Service candidates will appear in the Rtg Zone nearest to their place of posting.
(d) Application submitted to a different organization of which the candidate is not domicile of, will be rejected.
Online Registration-Online registration will be closed on 08 Nov 2017 at 1700 hrs.
View Detailed Notification- Click Here
Apply Online- Click Here